Heimdallr

The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Only thing I care about sustaining is wins. If we have to throw for 300 yards to do it, fine. If we have to throw for 150 yards to do it, that's fine too.

11 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Only thing I care about sustaining is wins. If we have to throw for 300 yards to do it, fine. If we have to throw for 150 yards to do it, that's fine too.

Yep and if I look like a fool for supporting Cousins through then so be it. I supported Ponder until it went out of style and Bridgewater was the one that I wanted to win a Super Bowl with.

46 minutes ago, Klomp said:

really. i love the fact we can be a pass happy team or a running team, either way.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

really. i love the fact we can be a pass happy team or a running team, either way.

Seems we’re pass happy when the defense doesn’t show up.

Pass happy? The Vikings have run the ball more than they passed in every game they’ve won. 

6 hours ago, Klomp said:

Is that you Coach Zimmer? 

Remember when there was an argument about whether or not play-action was a strength for Kirk?

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Remember when there was an argument about whether or not play-action was a strength for Kirk?

It wasn’t much of an argument. Someone was just wrong. 

Is it just me or is Cousins getting quite a bit better at moving in the pocket to about pressure and making the throw?

30 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is it just me or is Cousins getting quite a bit better at moving in the pocket to about pressure and making the throw?

He's certainly not very graceful at it, but he's getting a little better pocket too from the O-Line, so maybe that helps.  

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

His pocket awareness and movement has been noticeably better during this 4 game stretch. 

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Its the scheme they are moving him around with the play to buy him more time to throw so he's not a sitting duck. They've drawn up quite a bit of roll-outs and screens so far.

Kirktoberfest has concluded, and it was a month to remember. Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins, embattled in the aftermath of a September 29 disaster at Chicago, has had a four-week run for the ages in Minnesota.

Four games. Four wins. He has thrown the ball 116 times (29 per game on average) in October, completing 91 passes. That’s a 78.4 completion percentage.

Cousins has generated 1,262 yards for the month, averaging 10.8 yards per attempt. He has thrown 10 touchdown passes against one interception, a ball that bounced off the hands of receiver Stefon Diggs before being caught by Eagles safety Andrew Sendejo.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/25/kirk-cousins-concludes-a-stellar-october/