The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

That means that there are no incentives or goals for him to reach.  And if he's benched for poor play in 2018...and cut at the end of the season the Vikings are on the hook for the whole amount of the contract.

I am usually on the side of the players during labor negotiations, however, I think if you are contracted in the top 10% of NFL contracts, no more than 50% of that contract can be guaranteed.  Rather, those players who make no more than 15% above league minimum should be fully guaranteed.  Everyone in the middle falls in that range.  Higher the contract, the less that's guaranteed.

One thing to remember tho, he is basically betting on himself if it is a 3 year deal. He obviously wants to cash in again. Only way to do that is to improve his play. 

Some people truely don’t have that mindset to just quit. I personally work to be better every single day to improve my name. Of course my money isn’t guaranteed, but I would still thrive to be the best at what I do.

the end of his contract he will only be 33. He will be wanting to continue to make a large amount of money yet. 

16 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

One thing to remember tho, he is basically betting on himself if it is a 3 year deal. He obviously wants to cash in again. Only way to do that is to improve his play. 

Some people truely don’t have that mindset to just quit. I personally work to be better every single day to improve my name. Of course my money isn’t guaranteed, but I would still thrive to be the best at what I do.

the end of his contract he will only be 33. He will be wanting to continue to make a large amount of money yet. 

I heard a theory that a lot of players may be signing 3-year contracts this offseason because they may be looking forward to 2021 when the NFLPA works out a new agreement with the league.  They may be thinking there will be a lot more money to be made then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I heard a theory that a lot of players may be signing 3-year contracts this offseason because they may be looking forward to 2021 when the NFLPA works out a new agreement with the league.  They may be thinking there will be a lot more money to be made then.

NBA players did this... Well some

6 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Ian Rap just reported on NFLN said it’s not a done deal, but his first visit is set, his Visit will be to Minnesota

I'm actually coming back to this, because it won't be his first visit.  His first visit was during Super Bowl week.  :D

• Like 1