The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

57 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Both of those guys are better and younger than Cousins so I would understand paying them a large amount.  And SF obviously knew what they were getting....  look at Garoppolo and look at their season. 

Cousins is not worth 84 million guaranteed. You can continue to support the front office and their track record with QBs, and convince yourself of that, but no way he deserved more than some of the guys who were paid less than he was.  We just do not agree. 

The going rate for a good starting QB which he never has been.  So these supposed facts don’t line up. 

When someone more inconsistent than Kirk comes along, hopefully Cousins years here can be a template for what to expect and they won’t be over paid.  

Yes.  As I said in the post.  He had one great year in that offense.  In THAT offense he excelled.  Why wouldn’t he continue to do so when Cook returned and the offensive line improved?  He was cheaper.

Shurmer left so that offense is gone too.

• Like 3

For comparison:

Cousins 112.0 QBR (3rd), 69.1 comp%, 8.6 yds/att, 18 TD's, 3 Int's

Garappolo 100.6 (10th), 70.8%, 8.0 yds/att, 13 TD's, 7 Int's

I think Cousins clearly has played better than Garappolo this season.  Not sure of the relative cap hits for each team, but I think the 49ers have a lot of cap space iirc.  I can think of a lot of players this season who disappoint me more than Cousins, especially on defense and at LG.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Who is he supposed to throw downfield to?  With Thielen out, all we have is Diggs, seventh round rookie Olabisi Johnson, and Laquon Treadwell, a bust we cut once earlier this season and had to bring back because that's all we had.  It's pretty easy to cover our receivers.  All you have to do is make sure Diggs is covered and you can be reasonably certain that the other two WR's aren't going to do any damage.  You can talk about the TE's, but you asked about throwing downfield.  Watch what happens in games when we have a healthy Thielen and Diggs.  Cousins does a lot of damage with both of them.

He's done damage against average teams not those who you have to beat come Playoff/SuperBowl time. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

He's done damage against average teams not those who you have to beat come Playoff/SuperBowl time. 

I am beyond confused why you still hang out and post in the Vikings subforum..all you do is spit your Cousins hate. We don't care dude, lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Cousins is in head

Just like Jamison Crowder, Preston Smith, DJ Sweariger, ect. Kirk is the most popular because he's a QB and the 84 million that was given to him. Let's not forget Keenum is now apart of the Redskins roster now as well. So Kirk name still comes up at times in our forum as well. 

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Just like Jamison Crowder, Preston Smith, DJ Sweariger, ect. Kirk is the most popular because he's a QB and the 84 million that was given to him. Let's not forget Keenum is now apart of the Redskins roster now as well. So Kirk name still comes up at times in our forum as well. 

So you a Vikes fan or what

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

brilliant!

i've never read anyone else having such  perceptive analysis. no one has ever said that about Cousins before. way to go, man, you nailed it!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

brilliant!

i've never read anyone else having such  perceptive analysis. no one has ever said that about Cousins before. way to go, man, you nailed it!

Think we should give him a cookie? So blessed to be in the presence of this young Einstein!