The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not necessarily sold on him being the future for that amount of time.  He's 31 years old now and I only think he's got maybe 4-5 more years in him total, as I don't think he's one of those guys that will be successful in his late 30s.  I'm still of the notion that they need to draft a QB in one of the first 2 rounds next season.  

Not me. The elite QB class is coming out next year. We need a CB, DT, and offensive lineman. I wouldn't consider it until round 4.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Not me. The elite QB class is coming out next year. We need a CB, DT, and offensive lineman. I wouldn't consider it until round 4.

By "next year" do you mean the draft in spring of 2021 has an elite QB class?

Any possibility of any of them entering the draft early?

3 minutes ago, since72 said:

By "next year" do you mean the draft in spring of 2021 has an elite QB class?

Any possibility of any of them entering the draft early?

Yeah. Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence still need to do another year. They are both sophomores.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Agree.

We're not going to be in position for the top QBs this season (even then I'm not sold on any being a consensus franchise guy) and we have too many holes to fill (exactly the ones you listed) to think about drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds. If you want a guy to groom as a potential back-up....sure take one in 4-6.

The only way I draft a QB in the 2021 draft is if Kirk sucks in 2020. It's just so hard for me to give up a guaranteed 4,200/30/7 for a rookie QB and potentially end up in another situation where Dalvin and Diggs are wasted with a bum QB much like Adrian was wasted with Ponder and whatever we pulled off the scrap heap from 2007-2008 and 2011-2016.

For every Mahomes, Jackson, Watson there's 2 Rosens, Trubiskys, Darnolds, Allens, etc. That's just a lot of risk with a pretty young and effective offense that's not in a position to rebuild. Now, if we didn't have an All-World running back and two All-Pro WRs or they were in the twilight of their careers, then I'd say sure....we can take a shot at a rookie QB.

It's just so hard to get rid of a sure thing in favor of a giant unknown. Not only that, I'm not drafting a rookie QB until this o-line is drastically fixed.

Edit: This is all based on Kirk's career and more specifically, his 2019. If he falls off a cliff next year, then we'll talk about another option.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Can we keep this in the frame, that this was a 3-7 Broncos team, that sold pieces at the deadline?

This is a game that should have never been in doubt. Yet, for 30 mins, looked awful. We had to come back, from 20 points, to a 3-7 team. Not Seattle, or Green Bay, or some really good football team.

It was a 3-6 Broncos team, who'd lost 3 games by 3 points or less, and had comfortably beaten the Browns the week before with Allen at QB.

The Seahawks trailed the 2-6 Bucs by 2 TDs in the 2nd quarter a couple of weeks ago, won in OT. Earlier, they trailed the 2-4 Browns by 2 TDs, and won by 4. 

The Packers' last 2 games were a 15 point loss to the 4-5 Chargers, and an 8 point win over the 5-4 Panthers, who trailed by 14, scored a TD and went for 2 (failed) then were stopped at the 1-foot line on the last play of the game. The Chargers followed up their easy win by losing to the Raiders at home, and the Panthers followed up their close loss by getting blown out by the Falcons at home. 

The Vikings are 8-3. They're a really good football team.

Edited by Krauser
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

So why did Captain Kirk not go down the field with the ball on the offsides penalty yesterday?    I absolutely hate the amount of success that Aaron Rodgers has on those free plays and how we can NEVER take advantage of them.  

yeah i know what you mean. all we did was overcome a 20 point halftime deficit, something 99 other teams hadn't done in the last five years, and win the damn game.

but if only we could have made yards on that play!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

So why did Captain Kirk not go down the field with the ball on the offsides penalty yesterday?    I absolutely hate the amount of success that Aaron Rodgers has on those free plays and how we can NEVER take advantage of them.  

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

yeah i know what you mean. all we did was overcome a 20 point halftime deficit, something 99 other teams hadn't done in the last five years, and win the damn game.

Comeback aside it is a legitimate gripe in my opinion. He needs to be willing to take those shots on the free plays when given the opportunity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Dios Bueno...This question has nothing to do with the comeback yesterday.  This has happened way too many times with Cousins back there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Was anyone even running down field? Maybe it has to do with coaching on changing things as soon as there is an offsides.

It seems like Rodgers always has a receiver going deep when he gets those free plays.  Maybe the coaching staff for Green Bay has the receivers trained to go deep when they see an offsides happen, while our coaching staff doesn't work on that aspect with our receivers,  Or maybe it falls completely on Cousins not putting 2 and 2 together and realizing he has a free play.