The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, Freakish Mind said:

It seems like Rodgers always has a receiver going deep when he gets those free plays.  Maybe the coaching staff for Green Bay has the receivers trained to go deep when they see an offsides happen, while our coaching staff doesn't work on that aspect with our receivers,  Or maybe it falls completely on Cousins not putting 2 and 2 together and realizing he has a free play.   

Rodgers lives for those plays and I'm pretty sure the WRs will change the routes. I just don't think the Vikings work on that much. Seems like the play is usually blown dead anyways.

I'm just a little annoyed at every blaming cousin's for not taking a shot but aren't saying anything about what the other options were

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yeah i know what you mean. all we did was overcome a 20 point halftime deficit, something 99 other teams hadn't done in the last five years, and win the damn game.

but if only we could have made yards on that play!

You can’t come back from being down by 20 if you aren’t playing bad enough to be down by 20🤔hmmmmmm?

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Rodgers lives for those plays and I'm pretty sure the WRs will change the routes. I just don't think the Vikings work on that much. Seems like the play is usually blown dead anyways.

I'm just a little annoyed at every blaming cousin's for not taking a shot but aren't saying anything about what the other options were

The elite QB's in the league have so much success with that aspect of the game.  Cousins needs to learn how to use that to his advantage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am also very happy with the play of Kirk Cousins.  Honestly, I didn't think he had it in him.  wcblack mentioned Kirk as a legitimate MVP candidate...he may have a few adding him into the discussion but the award is Lamar Jackson's to lose.

Yeah, it will probably go to the winning Super Bowl QB, Kirk or Lamar. ;)

I have just now seen Mahomes check down to a close by receiver for 3 yards on a free play...just weird. Even Trubisky did it the other day...I am not sure whether it's because QBs aren't aware/sure of the flag that refs threw but it's just weird to see them not use the free play

Edited by upriser7

10 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I have just now seen Mahomes check down to a close by receiver for 3 yards on a free play...just weird. Even Trubisky did it the other day...I am not sure whether it's because QBs aren't aware/sure of the flag that refs threw but it's just weird to see them not use the free play

It seems refs try to stop the free play more often than letting it go on, maybe it’s just catching the new generation of QBs off guard. 

Edited by vikingsrule

I understand and do agree, but that's truly just nit-picking.  In the grand scheme of things, it's probably not a huge deal.  I know Bercich brought up the same point during the game and it's something he needs to do.  But, if that's what we're going to complain about, then things are probably going fairly well.  

• Like 5