The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

On 11/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, Virginia Viking said:

Let's look at Cousins history.  He is a streaky quarterback.  He has never gone as long as this playing at his current level.  Some would say he's over due to return to the Cousins whose ineffective when it counts.  Me...I'm hoping he's figured it out and his current level of play is to be expected.

I hope he's figured it out and has the right team around him now. More likely than not this season will end in disappointment though

36 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I hope he's figured it out and has the right team around him now. More likely than not this season will end in disappointment though

Looking at where the defense is at, you can’t help but wonder how much of a window this team has as a contender. The defense needs a significant infusion of youth in the next draft to keep pace with the offense.

Bradbury, Smith, Mattison and Johnson was a nice haul for the offense, throw in Samia potentially too. This team needs the defensive equivalent of that next year to not fall off. 

Cousins is playing really well, which is needed given how the defense has played the last few weeks.

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Looking at where the defense is at, you can’t help but wonder how much of a window this team has as a contender. The defense needs a significant infusion of youth in the next draft to keep pace with the offense.

Bradbury, Smith, Mattison and Johnson was a nice haul for the offense, throw in Samia potentially too. This team needs the defensive equivalent of that next year to not fall off. 

Cousins is playing really well, which is needed given how the defense has played the last few weeks.

They really just need a young replacement for Linval in short order.  They already have a youth that can replace Everson in Odenigbo, and they're set at LB for the foreseeable future....and they just need to continue to develop depth in the secondary, although they'll certainly need to start looking for a future replacement for Harry.  I'm not sure it needs a significant infusion, but they do certainly need to start bringing in some potential future pieces.  

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They really just need a young replacement for Linval in short order.  They already have a youth that can replace Everson in Odenigbo, and they're set at LB for the foreseeable future....and they just need to continue to develop depth in the secondary, although they'll certainly need to start looking for a future replacement for Harry.  I'm not sure it needs a significant infusion, but they do certainly need to start bringing in some potential future pieces.  

Jaleel Johnson's been pretty good at NT and Armon Watts has potential. I think this will be Linval's last year.

What they need is a 3-tech who can rush the passer. Jalyn Holmes hasn't done anything and Stephen ideally would only play on early downs and short yardage. Good DTs mostly go early, so I think that's their likely 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

I expect they'll find a way to keep Griffen, he's been excellent. Odenigbo is good as the DE3. I doubt they extend Weatherly but draft a guy in round 4 to take that spot. I wanted Maxx Crosby this year, that would've be nice.

I'll continue to lobby for cutting Rhodes and keeping at least one of Alexander or Waynes instead, ideally both. 

Hopefully Smith isn't going anywhere soon. Safeties are often good well into their 30s. 

I don't know what they'll do with Ant Harris. He probably deserves an extension, but Zimmer has had so much success turning late rounders and depth guys into good coverage safeties that they may not need to pay him. Too bad they lost Marcus Epps, but maybe they can get him back at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, Krauser said:

Jaleel Johnson's been pretty good at NT and Armon Watts has potential. I think this will be Linval's last year.

What they need is a 3-tech who can rush the passer. Jalyn Holmes hasn't done anything and Stephen ideally would only play on early downs and short yardage. Good DTs mostly go early, so I think that's their likely 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

I expect they'll find a way to keep Griffen, he's been excellent. Odenigbo is good as the DE3. I doubt they extend Weatherly but draft a guy in round 4 to take that spot. I wanted Maxx Crosby this year, that would've be nice.

I'll continue to lobby for cutting Rhodes and keeping at least one of Alexander or Waynes instead, ideally both. 

Hopefully Smith isn't going anywhere soon. Safeties are often good well into their 30s. 

I don't know what they'll do with Ant Harris. He probably deserves an extension, but Zimmer has had so much success turning late rounders and depth guys into good coverage safeties that they may not need to pay him. Too bad they lost Marcus Epps, but maybe they can get him back at the end of the year.

I’d have a hard time letting Joseph go, but it’s encouaging to see Johnson and Watts play at NT. Would make releasing him much easier to swallow. I do agree on Griffen, he needs to be retained. Weatherly is probably too expensive to retain so I’m content with the comp pick. 

CB to me is challenging to sort out. I’d be more inclined to keep Rhodes on a paycut and let Waynes walk in FA, where he is likely to get us a 3rd round comp pick. I’d focus on resigning Mackensie Alexander. A rookie CB would have to be drafted early and you’d have to figure it out with Rhodes, Hughes, Alexander, Hill and a 1st/2nd round rookie as your CB group compared to Waynes, Hughes, Hill and some FA slot replacement (hard to afford Alexander and Waynes?). 

I don’t know what they do at Safety either. I assume Kearse walks and starts, netting another comp pick. Sendejo might be cheaper to bring back than Harris but Harris is clearly better.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:27 PM, wcblack34 said:

Will you admit he’s been outstanding the last 6 weeks? That he’s a legitimate MVP candidate? That he’s played an integral part in the Vikings’ success, and hasn’t cost us a game since Green Bay?

I’ll admit all of that, and I’ve hated the signing since day one. But as of now, he’s proving every single detractor wrong. You and I included.

Rhodes and the Refs beat us up in that GB game way before Cousins did.

11 hours ago, Torchezim said:

There a way we can ignore specific messages?  

there is a feature of the site that lets you allow chosen posters and what they write, but messages themselves cannot be specified.

i suggest you make use of it, instead of replying off topic to guys you disagree with.

• Like 1