The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

On 3/27/2018 at 7:16 PM, rpmwr19 said:

Nice to seem some “evidence” of Keenum being a horrible deep ball thrower. He was bailed out early and often by our wide outs. 

Wait so you are telling me that the Case Keenum launch the ball straight up into the air offscreen and hope it somehow lands right in Theilen's paws from overhead wasnt enough proof of his accuracy? *sarcasm

Edited by HEYPAUL!

From what I've noticed, Cousins struggles to throw the fade route in the redzone, and I don't know...it's like he doesn't see Defensive Backs in the endzone either because he'll try throwing passes that just aren't there at all.

If he can improve on those two areas with us, he'll have his best season to date with the Vikings.

7 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Recognize some of the people from the Vikings organization?

I didn't realize until now the Vikings staff coached him in the Senior Bowl. Most of the coaches are gone, but that also means front office personnel likely had extra interactions with him that may have helped inform them before making the decision to pursue him this free agency.

Spielman was on Adam Schefter's podcast recently. Mentioned he knew we probably had a decent shot at him when he heard from sources that Kirk Cousins was scouting out the area during Super Bowl week, doing his own research on Minnesota, driving by old/new team headquarters, looking for housing possibilities, etc.

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

Spielman was on Adam Schefter's podcast recently. Mentioned he knew we probably had a decent shot at him when he heard from sources that Kirk Cousins was scouting out the area during Super Bowl week, doing his own research on Minnesota, driving by old/new team headquarters, looking for housing possibilities, etc.

Ya how can you not think you had a decent shot at him when he is going out selling himself on the city\team.

I think Case was going to get the tag until Cousins logically became available after the Alex Smith trade.