The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, Bermuda Viking said:

I've only been unerved with him given the fact that Washington didnt want him.  I still can't figure that one out.

They offered him long term contract previously. Plenty of story’s that said he has wanted out of Washington. To keep their QB, seems like they were just continuing to throw the tag at him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Keep in mind that franchise tags carry over from team to team. Just saying. Would be a VERY expensive tag. 

Pretty sure franchise tags reset after a contract. 

If the Vikings had traded for a franchised player, the tag follows.

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Pretty sure franchise tags reset after a contract. 

If the Vikings had traded for a franchised player, the tag follows.

Franchise Tags compound on top of each other ... its a provision from Drew Brees

Edited by CriminalMind

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

He will post the best 3 year QB stats ever in Vikings uniform.

69.2%, 8.6 YPA, 3.55 TD:INT by Culpepper in 2004 is the all-time best Vikings season. 4717 yards and 39 TD on 548 attempts. 11 INT, 9 FUM and 46 Sacks.

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you have stated in our other Cousins thread that he would be a good signing for the Vikings.

Yea , because it's the Vikings and I still think he's better than Keenum. But for someone to get paid 28 mil and always looks nervous isn't a good look.

the Vikings will go 11-5 with eve josh mccown that's how good there coaching and roster is .

Kirk cousins is a choke artist and I'm 100 percent glad he's gone from the redskins . Gave this dude 40 mil than spits on us saying we don't appreciate him lol

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

sour grapes are sour.

He isn't a bad player but him being top ten and elite is ridiculous . I think Keenum was a one year wonder , but Kirk cousins is a hot and cold qb . He's god awful on TNF .

the only thing I can say is the Vikings roster better than the redskins . His peak was 2015 which I personally believe was an elite type year . 2016 was a good year to imo but 2017 to me he played average .

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Chill dude .

Dashing, i think you ought to move on from this discussion. a mod just gave you direction on how to post and you told him to chill, basically meaning you intend to ignore him.

seriously, you've stated your piece here already, maybe it's time to move on.

dude.

57 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

ProFootballTalk✔@ProFootballTalk

Teams aren't permitted to arrange visits during the negotiating window. The league's media operation is reporting that the Vikings have essentially violated this provision.

So the agent admits Vikes will be the 1st visit and we could end up getting penalized?

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Dashing, i think you ought to move on from this discussion. a mod just gave you direction on how to post and you told him to chill, basically meaning you intend to ignore him.

seriously, you've stated your piece here already, maybe it's time to move on.

dude.

Dashing has been in on the Cousins discussion in other forums and he has been anything but a troll.  I appreciate his input.  He is a good guy and I can respect his opinion because he has watched Cousins play a lot more than any of us have.