The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

Over the course of Cousins’ career, he has the lowest quarterback rating of any quarter by far in the fourth. He has seven more interceptions in the last quarter than any of the first three. In the first quarter, he has eight career picks, compared to 22 in the fourth.

But that doesn’t exactly tell the story on Cousins’ late-game play. Those interception numbers have largely been accumulated when Cousins was attempting to lead a comeback. When ahead or tied in the fourth since becoming a full-time starter in 2015, the Vikings’ quarterback has a 102.9 rating. When trailing in the fourth, his rating drops to. 87.0.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/09/kirk-cousins-challenge-analyzing-situational-football/

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He’s also on pace for 800 pass attempts. 

756 probably shouldn't be rounded up to 800.

It's high compared to previous full seasons, but not crazy high compared to other NFL QBs. Two others are within 3 attempts (Luck, Roethlisberger). Of those three, Cousins leads in completion percentage, TDs and INTs while being second in yards (by 27).

One thing I’d like to see more of from Cousins is manipulation of the pocket. Seems like he doesn’t feel the pressure as much as some other quarterbacks. The most recent example is the fumble at the end of last game. By no means am I blaming the game on Cousins, but it looked like if he felt that edge rush he could’ve slid to his left where there was quite a bit of room. 

4 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

One thing I’d like to see more of from Cousins is manipulation of the pocket. Seems like he doesn’t feel the pressure as much as some other quarterbacks. The most recent example is the fumble at the end of last game. By no means am I blaming the game on Cousins, but it looked like if he felt that edge rush he could’ve slid to his left where there was quite a bit of room. 

He seems to be anticipating/feeling the pressure decently if it's coming from the other side...but when pressure is coming from blind side, he seems to be struggling to anticipate it...but then again majority of the QBs struggle to feel the pressure if it's coming from blind side...atleast most of the fumbles I see in NFL seem to occur due to pressure coming from blindside

• Like 1