The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

Just now, CriminalMind said:

I knew ya'll would around eventually :P 

I'm still hedging my bets.  I'm not gonna be sold until I see how he performs on the field.  I still believe it's far too much money for a QB of his stature, which, to me, is just a slightly better version of Case Keenum.   

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

I knew ya'll would around eventually :P 

I wanted Teddy to stay because he is a good kid, he would cost a lot less, and I think he has a lot of potential upside.  I can live with Cousins as our QB, however.  He is a good player and he should have a nice run here with us.  Let's hope he is here for even longer than 3 years too because that means he is playing well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I'm still hedging my bets.  I'm not gonna be sold until I see how he performs on the field.  I still believe it's far too much money for a QB of his stature, which, to me, is just a slightly better version of Case Keenum.   

He is slightly better than Keenum was in 2017.  The league may never see that player again.  Keenum had just about everything go right last year that could go right for him.  He threw up a lot of ducks that weren't picked off.  We will see how he does with those in 2018.  If those start getting picked off, people around the league might start having a much different opinion of Case by the end of the season.  I'm glad we dodged that bullet.

Can't wait til the offense looks like trash in the preseason, people lose their minds, and then things come together to start the season :D

I expect the offense to function about the same way that it did last year from a production standpoint. The defense will keep them on the field, and the offense will capitalize often enough to win in the regular season. This signing hinges on Cousins's ability to win in the playoffs.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

If he is performing at a high level, i wouldn’t be shocked to see an extension after year two.

That would make sense.  He is still young, and salaries aren't likely to go down in the next three years.  If it makes sense from a salary cap perspective, they might as well lock him up while the salaries are a little lower.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Can't wait til the offense looks like trash in the preseason, people lose their minds, and then things come together to start the season :D

I expect the offense to function about the same way that it did last year from a production standpoint. The defense will keep them on the field, and the offense will capitalize often enough to win in the regular season. This signing hinges on Cousins's ability to win in the playoffs.

Hopefully, Zim and his defense will hold up their end of the bargain this time around too.