The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

There is no other option at this point other than to have hope that he can maybe get lucky and not hurt the team when the stakes are biggest.  A feeble Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl.  Hell, even Eli Manning got lucky bounces twice.  This team has no other option this season.  Next season, that's another question.  

Are we still talking about the Minnesota Vikings?  Luck and the Vikings are rarely on speaking terms.  :D

Cousins: “I’m not going to be playing quarterback here much longer if I play like I did on Sunday. I just look forward to the challenge of playing better than I did this past Sunday. And I look forward to that opportunity this Sunday to play at a much higher level."  

Zimmer:  “Kirk had an up and down game last week. He’s going to be fine. We have the utmost confidence in him, he’s in a good place where he’s going to play good this week and continue to play good for the rest of the year.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/18/kirk-cousins-knows-he-has-to-improve-and-quickly/

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Cousins: “I’m not going to be playing quarterback here much longer if I play like I did on Sunday. I just look forward to the challenge of playing better than I did this past Sunday. And I look forward to that opportunity this Sunday to play at a much higher level."  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/18/kirk-cousins-knows-he-has-to-improve-and-quickly/

Well that shouldn't be too tough. Even Christian Ponder played at a higher level than Kirk did last week. 

Week 1 is what we need to see: Establish the run with Dalvin and take the game out of Cousins' hands. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Well that shouldn't be too tough. Even Christian Ponder played at a higher level than Kirk did last week. 

Week 1 is what we need to see: Establish the run with Dalvin and take the game out of Cousins' hands. 

I honestly think the opposite in a way.

I think we need to establish the run and (hopefully) get out to a lead and then we need to dial up some easy, safe throws for Kirk to get some confidence back and hopefully get him into a rhythm.

I still think only throwing 10 times in week one hurt him after only having a handful of throws in the pre-season. Obviously, that's NO excuse for how he played but I think that may have been an issue as far as getting re-acclimated to real defenses and getting a full body of work with Diggs/Thielen/Cook/etc. 

• Like 1