The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

@Uncle Buck mentioned 50 years of Vikings QB ineptitude.  Let's review some of the names on that list:

Joe Kapp

Gary Cuozzo

Bob Lee

Norm Snead

Fran Tarkenton (HOF)

Bob Berry

Tommy Kramer

Steve Dils

Wade Wilson

Archie Manning

Sean Salisbury

Rich Gannon

Jim McMahon

Warren Moon (HOF)

Brad Johnson

Randall Cunningham

Jeff George

Daunte Culpepper

Todd Bouman

Spergon Wynn

Gus Frerotte

Kelly Holcomb

Brooks Bollinger

Tarvaris Jackson

Brett Favre (HOF)

Joe Webb

Christian Ponder

Matt Cassel

Josh Freeman

Teddy Bridgewater

Sam Bradford

Sean Hill

Case Keenum

Kirk Cousins

Some of them were great!  Some of them played past their prime!  Some...like Rich Gannon...we gave up on way too soon!!  Some are forgettable.  Some I long to forget!!!

There is one other option, and you guys might not like it.  It is something we could probably afford with our salary cap situation.  We need a QB who is a real man and a true leader of men.  A guy whose passing isn't as pretty as that of Kirk Cousins, but a guy who doesn't fold in high pressure situations.  In fact, he is a guy who rises to the occasion when the chips are down...

Yes ladies and gentlemen, maybe its:

0124d2cd666ff09950647f2972db417d.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

@Uncle Buck mentioned 50 years of Vikings QB ineptitude.  Let's review some of the names on that list:

Joe Kapp

Gary Cuozzo

Bob Lee

Norm Snead

Fran Tarkenton (HOF)

Bob Berry

Tommy Kramer

Steve Dils

Wade Wilson

Archie Manning

Sean Salisbury

Rich Gannon

Jim McMahon

Warren Moon (HOF)

Brad Johnson

Randall Cunningham

Jeff George

Daunte Culpepper

Todd Bouman

Spergon Wynn

Gus Frerotte

Kelly Holcomb

Brooks Bollinger

Tarvaris Jackson

Brett Favre (HOF)

Joe Webb

Christian Ponder

Matt Cassel

Josh Freeman

Teddy Bridgewater

Sam Bradford

Sean Hill

Case Keenum

Kirk Cousins

Some of them were great!  Some of them played past their prime!  Some...like Rich Gannon...we gave up on way too soon!!  Some are forgettable.  Some I long to forget!!!

Unfortunately, there is that other elephant that continues to lurk in the other room:

11JM9bB.png

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

There is one other option, and you guys might not like it.  It is something we could probably afford with our salary cap situation.  We need a QB who is a real man and a true leader of men.  A guy whose passing isn't as pretty as that of Kirk Cousins, but a guy who doesn't fold in high pressure situations.  In fact, he is a guy who rises to the occasion when the chips are down...

Yes ladies and gentlemen, maybe its:

0124d2cd666ff09950647f2972db417d.jpg

I wish this was a joke...

• Like 3

This is the 4th and 3. How do you not take a shot at Diggs here? Even if it's accurate to Thielen, there is a good chance he is stopped short. 

After seeing some of the cut ups today, I would have a really hard time playing receiver for Cousins if I was Thielen or Diggs. Just brutal man

Ignore the first video. I didn't realize that was attached to it. 

Edited by byuvike88

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but couldn’t Kirk waive his no trade clause if Minnesota found a trade partner? I know it will not happen, but I thought that was a possibility. 

Regardless, a first round QB is a must next year. There will be a QB that slips because there always is, due to certain question marks. Happens every year. Teddy, Watson, Lamar, Rosen, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, & Haskins all slipped a little further than originally projected. There’s a few guys this year that could slip. 

But if MIN has to trade up into the top 5 for someone like Tua, I’m 100% on board. A guy I’m kind of interested in is Jalen Hurts and he could slip. A year on the bench and he could be an exciting/mobile QB to put into an offense with Diggs, Thielen, Bisi, Dalvin, and Irv. We will still have a defense that’s solid for the foreseeable future. Just need to find a QB. 

7 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but couldn’t Kirk waive his no trade clause if Minnesota found a trade partner? I know it will not happen, but I thought that was a possibility. 

Regardless, a first round QB is a must next year. There will be a QB that slips because there always is, due to certain question marks. Happens every year. Teddy, Watson, Lamar, Rosen, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, & Haskins all slipped a little further than originally projected. There’s a few guys this year that could slip. 

But if MIN has to trade up into the top 5 for someone like Tua, I’m 100% on board. A guy I’m kind of interested in is Jalen Hurts and he could slip. A year on the bench and he could be an exciting/mobile QB to put into an offense with Diggs, Thielen, Bisi, Dalvin, and Irv. We will still have a defense that’s solid for the foreseeable future. Just need to find a QB. 

100% he could.

It would take him waving the clause, plus Cousins liking where he is going, plus Vikings eating 70% of the remaining gaureenteed salary, and Vikings accepting a low return

Likely Rick could submit his own walking papers after this one.

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

100% he could.

It would take him waving the clause, plus Cousins liking where he is going, plus Vikings eating 70% of the remaining gaureenteed salary, and Vikings accepting a low return

Likely Rick could submit his own walking papers after this one.

I don’t see how Rick can keep his job after the Bradford trade and the Cousins contract. I don’t know how else to evaluate the GM, I don’t think it’s fair to just looks at wins and losses but when you use 3 first round picks on QBs in 8-9 years and sign a QB to a fully guaranteed deal, and still can’t find the right one, something isn’t working.

• Like 2