Jump to content
Heimdallr

The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Bill Belicheck lucked into a franchise QB in round 6 too.

I mean he’s also the greatest head coach of all time who drafted the greatest QB of all time. It helps to be lucky but they’ve dominated now for two decades. Let’s face it, luck hasn’t been on the Vikings side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

What would you guys think about RG3? After his knee injury at the end of his rookie season, he hasn't played much...so, he's rested...he is backing up Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, presently.  I suspect he might come pretty cheaply.  If he's turned himself into someone who is coachable, maybe a good QB coach could recapture some of his rookie talent??  He would still only be a bridge from Cousins to a QBOTF.

The main thing that I think about RG3 nowadays is how surprised I am that he outlasted Andrew Luck in the league and has played as much this year as the combined total of the other three QBs taken in the '12 first round. It looks like in '12 the QBs taken in the third and fourth round are getting the most playing time this year.

I would not be excited about RG3, but if the team was able to move on from Kirk Cousins in a way that saves them at least $15M and RGIII came cheap he would be an okay placeholder for a QB that was drafted high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

The main thing that I think about RG3 nowadays is how surprised I am that he outlasted Andrew Luck in the league and has played as much this year as the combined total of the other three QBs taken in the '12 first round. It looks like in '12 the QBs taken in the third and fourth round are getting the most playing time this year.

I would not be excited about RG3, but if the team was able to move on from Kirk Cousins in a way that saves them at least $15M and RGIII came cheap he would be an okay placeholder for a QB that was drafted high.

Yeah...I wouldn't consider him either without a relatively cheap, one year salary...with lots of incentives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 100% in favor of being done with the Cousins project. The only reason we're sticking with him at this point is to try and show that he was worth the money, which he obviously wasn't. He is mediocre on a good day, and his record against winning teams shows that. When you have Cook, Thielen, and Diggs and you're still sucking ***, that's how you know you're not that good. Enough defending him. It gets old. Can't always blame the O-Line, when there were so many good QBs that had bad oLines and still performed well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I'm 100% in favor of being done with the Cousins project. The only reason we're sticking with him at this point is to try and show that he was worth the money, which he obviously wasn't. He is mediocre on a good day, and his record against winning teams shows that. When you have Cook, Thielen, and Diggs and you're still sucking ***, that's how you know you're not that good. Enough defending him. It gets old. Can't always blame the O-Line, when there were so many good QBs that had bad oLines and still performed well.

There is no QB on the roster to effectively replace him.

This is why I'm in favor of drafting a QB high this next draft who can be ready by the 2021 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

There is no QB on the roster to effectively replace him.

This is why I'm in favor of drafting a QB high this next draft who can be ready by the 2021 season.

If he’s not an effective QB now, why give him another year? If they don’t turn this thing around in the next month, may as well throw Mannion out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If he’s not an effective QB now, why give him another year? If they don’t turn this thing around in the next month, may as well throw Mannion out there.

Which we would have to do since Zimmer and co. wanted so badly to rid themselves of Sloter. They guy who earned a spot in the preseason and should have been rightfully given a chance due to his performance.  But because he didn’t “practice well” (a damn joke of a reason) , we only have Mannion.  

Who knows what Sloter could do but year after year he proved himself in whatever time he was given on the field.  

So much damn stubbornness and a need to be right on their investment puts us in a bind when it comes to choosing between Cousins and Mannion. Both are terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Which we would have to do since Zimmer and co. wanted so badly to rid themselves of Sloter. They guy who earned a spot in the preseason and should have been rightfully given a chance due to his performance.  But because he didn’t “practice well” (a damn joke of a reason) , we only have Mannion.  

Who knows what Sloter could do but year after year he proved himself in whatever time he was given on the field.  

So much damn stubbornness and a need to be right on their investment puts us in a bind when it comes to choosing between Cousins and Mannion. Both are terrible. 

Isn’t Sloter still a free agent? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Isn’t Sloter still a free agent? 

He’s on Arizona’s practice squad. 

But, the great, misunderstood, before his time Kyle Sloter, who the Vikings were damned fools to not keep, is not on any of the 32 teams’ active rosters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He’s on Arizona’s practice squad. 

But, the great, misunderstood, before his time Kyle Sloter, who the Vikings were damned fools to not keep, is not on any of the 32 teams’ active rosters. 

Well no one called them fools but if that’s how you feel, then I won’t argue it. 

I also don’t trust Arizona to not make many mistake. They aren’t the pinnacle of QB moves either. The Cardinals are their own thin entirely so I don’t put much stock into what they choose to do at anhddd

again, taking the words and twisting them in order to be needlessly sarcastic fails once again. You guys never learn. 

Sloter was given time on the field for consecutive years during the preseason; preseason is where you earn a spot on the team; preseason is used as the testing grounds for what a player may be capable of. Sloter has done more than enough to take a spot over Sean Mannion...... 

No one knows if he is going to be “great” or “before his time”, but just on the premise of earning a roster spot behind Cousins, he has done more than enough for a few years now . 

There is no debate there. How much better would you want a young QB to play when given the reigns? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

preseason is where you earn a spot on the team

Obviously, he didn’t earn one. And apparently the 31 others teams agreed. 

 

6 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

preseason is used as the testing grounds for what a player may be capable of.

Capable of playing against 3rd and 4th stringers, but not capable of doing what was necessary to move up the depth chart. 

 

7 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Sloter has done more than enough to take a spot over Sean Mannion.

Apparently not. Apparently, Sloter hasn’t done enough to take a spot over anyone. In the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Sloter is apparently the new MBT, at least according to some people here.

Taylor Heinicke. John David Booty. The list goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Taylor Heinicke. John David Booty. The list goes on.

I'm always sad that we never got the Booty Call. 

If he would have made the cover of Madden, they could have changed the name to "Call of Booty".

Edited by wcblack34
Another bad pun came to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Obviously, he didn’t earn one. And apparently the 31 others teams agreed. 

 

Capable of playing against 3rd and 4th stringers, but not capable of doing what was necessary to move up the depth chart. 

 

Apparently not. Apparently, Sloter hasn’t done enough to take a spot over anyone. In the league. 

No they didn’t. They picked him up immediately but  no one thought he was going to start over the 1st overall pick, Kyler Murray. 

Well, against those 2nd, 3rd or 4th stringers, he didn’t just play well. He looked really good. Most fans agree with that and most fans would have liked to at least have him on the depth chart. It isn’t just me so no need to pretend like it is. 

Again, isn’t he behind Murray? Who is playing pretty well? 

No one here is saying that Sloter would turn into Kurt Warner but ignoring your expected sarcasm, Sloter has played well enough to make the roster. And most people agree with this.  This isn’t surprising. 

What is the harm in giving a guy an opportunity when the man made the most out of whatever situation they were placed in?  Again, because you guys apparently require users to repeat themselves to make a point (alarmingly often at that) no one is saying Sloter would be great at it.   So make your sarcasm count this time. 

Edited by Torchezim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×