The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

ability to drive the offense down the field in the last 2-4 minutes of the game

And to me, this has fallen more on the play calling than the play execution by Cousins. I feel like I’ve seen a good number of “run, run, pass” in those situations. Staying too conservative. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

And to me, this has fallen more on the play calling than the play execution by Cousins. I feel like I’ve seen a good number of “run, run, pass” in those situations. Staying too conservative. 

But is that not due to Coaches not having faith in Cousin's in those moments? They'd prefer leaning on the run game/screen game before letting Kirk miss throws or throw InT's. 

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

The only thing missing from Kirk's QB play imo is the ability to drive the offense down the field in the last 2-4 minutes of the game. It's really the only area he hasn't blown us away with. A little better accuracy on his deep balls would be nice too. Everywhere he's the perfect QB. Doesn't get injured. Throws for 250 plus nearly every game. Multiple TD passes nearly every game. He's able to scramble/run outside the pocket. High accuracy on 95% of his throws. Throws hard and can launch the ball like it's going out of style. Just need some late game drives.

He needs a little Tanner Morgan in him.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

But is that not due to Coaches not having faith in Cousin's in those moments? They'd prefer leaning on the run game/screen game before letting Kirk miss throws or throw InT's. 

No, I don’t believe it is. I believe it’s due to the conservative nature of our head coach. 

Cousins has not missed a lot of throws this year. He’s not throwing interceptions, and he’s not making turnover worthy plays. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So far in 2019, he has thrown 18 TD's with only 3 INT's, and one of those INT's bounced through Diggs' hands, off his helmet, and into the defender's hands.  Nobody can claim Kirk is having a problem with INTs this year.  It's starting to look more and more like your "Cousins is no good under pressure" narrative is becoming a thing of the past.  He has played very well this year for the most part.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

No, I don’t believe it is. I believe it’s due to the conservative nature of our head coach. 

Cousins has not missed a lot of throws this year. He’s not throwing interceptions, and he’s not making turnover worthy plays. 

I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with you because his numbers show when the run game isn't working in you guys favor or Cousin's has to throw more his Accuracy goes down. Yes he did put up 3 TD's against the Chiefs but as said the accuracy was way down and his YPT were in his usual 5-6 range. Same can be said for those loses against the Bears and Packers. Though the run game was there in the Packers game look at how many times Cousin's was asked to throw the ball and his completion percentage. 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

So far in 2019, he has thrown 18 TD's with only 3 INT's, and one of those INT's bounced through Diggs' hands, off his helmet, and into the defender's hands.  Nobody can claim Kirk is having a problem with INTs this year.  It's starting to look more and more like your "Cousins is no good under pressure" narrative is becoming a thing of the past.  He has played very well this year for the most part.

Most in the forum have admitted to the Conservative playcalling that's going in Minnesota. I would say that's helping Cousin's alot. Still the main reason he was brung to Minnesota is to take you guys as far if not farther than Keenum, so I would pump my breaks before I got too excited about Cousin's in Must Win Situations. The run/screen game is definitely helping protect Cousins. Had Dallas kept the ball in Dak hands last night, I think most would agree you guy's wouldn't have won that game because Cousin's wouldn't have lead you back down the feild for a Winning TD. 

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Most in the forum have admitted to the Conservative playcalling that's going in Minnesota. I would say that's helping Cousin's alot. Still the main reason he was brung to Minnesota is to take you guys as far if not farther than Keenum, so I would pump my breaks before I got too excited about Cousin's in Must Win Situations. The run/screen game is definitely helping protect Cousins. Had Dallas kept the ball in Dak hands last night, I think most would agree you guy's wouldn't have won that game because Cousin's wouldn't have lead you back down the feild for a Winning TD. 

I need to see Cousins in a situation where he has to win a game with little time remaining. Given the Vikes conservative nature, MN has neutralized Cousins a bit while leaning on the run game. 

He is managing the game well and not turning the ball over. Eventually he will need to compete in a game where 30 or more points is needed. Doesn’t help he’s been without Thielen for a few weeks. 

I think Seattle will be a huge test on December 2. Look at the game Seattle and Tampa played. That’s how i expect the game to go given how leaky the defense has been as of late, can Cousins keep pace with Wilson like Winston did?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I need to see Cousins in a situation where he has to win a game with little time remaining. Given the Vikes conservative nature, MN has neutralized Cousins a bit while leaning on the run game. 

He is managing the game well and not turning the ball over. Eventually he will need to compete in a game where 30 or more points is needed. Doesn’t help he’s been without Thielen for a few weeks. 

I think Seattle will be a huge test on December 2. Look at the game Seattle and Tampa played. That’s how i expect the game to go given how leaky the defense has been as of late, can Cousins keep pace with Wilson like Winston did?

That's a question that's yet to be answered and even last night up 14, they still didn't let Cousin's throw downfield to possibly put you guys up more. Witch than allowed Dallas back in the game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's a question that's yet to be answered and even last night up 14, they still didn't let Cousin's throw downfield to possibly put you guys up more. Witch than allowed Dallas back in the game. 

That’s on Zimmer and Stefanski. That’s the identity of this team. Up two scores they will run the ball every chance they can.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

That’s on Zimmer and Stefanski. That’s the identity of this team. Up two scores they will run the ball every chance they can.

That's when that 84 million comes into play. I'm not happy a guy is getting that type of money but he's not allowed to finish games. If that's the case than RB's should be given that type of money as well. Especially those like Zek, Bell, Cook, McCaffery, Kamara. 

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's when that 84 million comes into play. I'm not happy a guy is getting that type of money but he's not allowed to finish games. If that's the case than RB's should be given that type of money as well. Especially those like Zek, Bell, Cook, McCaffery, Kamara. 

Cook probably will be the highest paid RB in football once his deal ends. And I’m sure this team will gladly pay it out given their identity. I don’t agree with that approach, not how I would build a team but the Vikes have settled on using valuable resources on fairly mediocre QBs in hopes the defense and run game dominate. Cousins has been a top 10 QB this year while the defense continues to slide so it would seem like they are getting their money’s worth, this year anyway. 

That $84 million price tag is going to look fairly standard for a top 10 QB. 

Edited by vikingsrule

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Cook probably will be the highest paid RB in football once his deal ends. And I’m sure this team will gladly pay it out given their identity. I don’t agree with that approach, not how I would build a team but the Vikes have settled on using valuable resources on fairly mediocre QBs in hopes the defense and run game dominate. Cousins has been a top 10 QB this year while the defense continues to slide so it would seem like they are getting their money’s worth, this year anyway. 

That $84 million price tag is going to look fairly standard for a top 10 QB. 

No other QB or player has surpassed that guaranteed amount though. Including Rodger's, Wentz, or Goff who signed deals after Cousin's. If I know I contribute more than Cousin's it's no way I'm asking for lower guranteed money especially when teams can cut players just because. You know like just to get a compensation pick. 

32 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They did take a shot downfield against Detroit when everyone was expecting a run to kill the clock

12 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

No other QB or player has surpassed that guaranteed amount though. Including Rodger's, Wentz, or Goff who signed deals after Cousin's. If I know I contribute more than Cousin's it's no way I'm asking for lower guranteed money especially when teams can cut players just because. You know like just to get a compensation pick. 

Do you really think that Rodgers Wentz it Goff are close to getting cut? Maybe Goff because I don't think he's played that well but I doubt it

• Like 1