The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

59 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

Not between the ears he isn't.  Keenum doesn't shrink in the pressure of a big situation.

He doesn’t? He didn’t shrink under the pressure of the NFCCG? Or the Saints game didn’t get away from the Vikings because Keenum started to fall apart in the 2nd half? Or failing to step up in the Carolina game that could have given the Vikings home field advantage? 

Keenum’s performance in 2017 made him somewhat of a folk hero primarily because he played well above expectation. But when the pressure rose, let’s not act like Keenum rose to the occasion. He simply played smart football with the league’s #1 defense backing him up. 

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Keenum’s performance in 2017 made him somewhat of a folk hero primarily because he played well above expectation. But when the pressure rose, let’s not act like Keenum rose to the occasion. He simply played smart football with the league’s #1 defense backing him up. 

and his receivers made ballet-like, acrobatic catches of passes far from the centers of their catch radii.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and his receivers made ballet-like, acrobatic catches of passes far from the centers of their catch radii.

Why Kirk doesn't trust them two more to make contended catches is baffling....

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Kirk plays too safe and seems afraid to throw INTs which is a big complaint of mine regarding Kirk.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

34 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Kirk plays too safe and seems afraid to throw INTs which is a big complaint of mine regarding Kirk.

Cousins throws plenty of throws in the same situations that Keenum did. The biggest difference is that Cousins is a lot more accurate, and his throws don’t become contested. 

But Zimmer was right when he said that Keenum was playing with a lucky horseshoe. YOLO throwing is fun when it’s working, but it’s not sustainable. 

• Like 6

On 1/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I don't think it's not that Kirk doesn't trust them or plays too safe. Kirk's issue is the same issue he always had he overthinks too much. Everything has to be an ideal situation for him. Where he also controls it by his mental preparation and physical reps for precision. However, this is the NFL where the difference between good QBs and great QBs is making plays when the situation is not ideal. Until he learns to loosen up and stop trying to over micromanaging every play he will always have uneven performances.      

Edited by dc_vikingfan

• 3 weeks later...