The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

Just now, disaacs said:

There doesn't need to be a precedent.  There was no precedent for the poison pill.  If the contract were longer than 3 years, I wouldn't buy the full guarantee, but for a 3-yr deal?  Absolutely I buy it.  

If it is true, I'm guessing they'll put a lot of money into year 1? 

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

NFL Update‏ @MySportsUpdate

#Vikings have offered Kirk Cousins a 3-year, $84M fully guaranteed deal, per @RapSheet on @nflnetwork. He has a visit with Minnesota lined up.

When the waitress at Manny's brings the check, they should probably tell her to give it to Kirk.  :D

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm ok with getting Cousins.  He was the best option out there.  Now I just need to get over the initial sadness of seeing Teddy leaving.  I also need to get these visions of Herschel Walker out of my head.  Let's hope this turns out better than that mega-deal did for us.

I will welcome Kirk with open arms when all is said and done. 

Spielman and company paid a high price but they didn't totally break the bank.  Now the new regime in Green Bay has to sharpen their pencils to get Rogers signed.  That should be interesting to see.  :D

a 3-year deal is very little risk for the team. If Cousins bombs, we draft a rookie and don't re-sign Cousins. If he is great, we can franchise or extend him.

You only get into trouble when you have those 5-6 year deals with guanrateed money spread out for a long time

• Like 4

bit of a mixed bag with cousins leading an offense. by DVOA, washington's offense has ranked 12th, 5th and 20th (2017) the past three seasons. specifically for passing, the passing DVOA those three seasons were 14th, 5th and 6th.

so while cousins might make some questionable decisions he definitely has the arm to lead an explosive passing offense.

Welcome Cousins!

I've only been unerved with him given the fact that Washington didnt want him.  I still can't figure that one out.  It is not like the team hasnt spent big money on players before.

The fully guaranteed deal is fine for us for 3 years but bot GB must be quivering thinking of all the money they have to guarantee for Rodgers just to have him hit the Barr again.  Yikes!

Edited by Bermuda Viking
  • Like 1