Trey Burton to sign with Bears

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, ACO said:

It is the smart approach. Take advantage of having a QB on a rookie salary.

He has decent WRs and TEs now. Will be fun to see how he jumps in year 2.

We will still need to address the WR position a little more I think.  I'm definitely a fan of Allen Robinson but last year our depth was absolutely atrocious.  Everyone got hurt and we were down to Kendall Wright + practice squad level guys. 

As far as this signing goes, I think it'll end Dion Sim's career as a Bear, and I think Trey will complement Adam Shaheen (the second round pick last year) very nicely.  I could see a lot of 2 TE sets coming.

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

They just signed him to a contract extension.  His job isn't in question.

Extension or not, it’s pretty safe to say that if they don’t start winning within the next two years, the patience for him will run thin. 

I like both moves but the cost is obviously steep.

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

Another mans trash is another mans treasure 

I don't think the Bears are signing him to be their starter, or at least not their sole TE target.  Adam Shaheen grew a lot as a player as the season went on, I think that will continue. 

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Another mans trash is another mans treasure 

The Eagles would have loved to bring him back, but we couldn't afford to, especially not at this price. This Eagle is spreading his wings, flying to Chicago and soaring.

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Oof, looks like 4 years 32 million.  Wayyy too much money in my eyes. 

It's a bit too much, 4 years 28ish million would have been the highest I would have gone, but as I said, his numbers aren't indicative of how good he really is, ask any Eagles fan.

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

My favorite part of free agency

tenor.gif?itemid=4815189

Any Eagles fan with a brain would want to have him back. Probably not at that price point, but I wouldn't' be at all surprised to see him produce top 10 TE numbers in a full-time role.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Allen Robinson and Trey Burton will help a young QB a lot. Both are great signings. 

Meredith is back right? That is another great weapon and Shaheen was a solid player as well. They need to add a few more (and they will) but the core is pretty solid.

They should go after Quenton Nelson. Secure that OL. 

Archived