Bears will sign Cody Parkey, K

Superman(DH23)

On 3/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, AZBearsFan said:

Curious about the terms. Wouldn’t shock me on a 1-year deal if he’s not competing with a rookie in camp. 

I suppose 4/12 with $9M guarantees says he’s not competing. 

Where is our O’Donnell re-signing? Not a lot of openings out there for punters besides ours and he’s the best one free... 

7 hours ago, ColGerBear said:

Bears sign K Cody Parkey (4 years, $15 million; $9 million guaranteed)

walterfootball had these numbers for the signing, not sure where he got them from.

https://overthecap.com/player/cody-parkey/3397/

overthecap has the same numbers for him.

I don't mind spendinng the $, but that seems like a lot for a K.  Where does that place him league wide?  

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. The bar was set so low and Codi still tripped over it  lol

Has he really? He had the one awful game where his misses were meaningless.  He then went on a 3 and 3 qtr game streak w/o missing a kick.  He missed 1 kick, which would have been his career longest, that cost us a game.  How many game winners did Barth miss?  Either you guys are expecting Robbie Gould, one of the greatest kickers in the history of the NFL or hes met the bar.  

50 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Has he really? He had the one awful game where his misses were meaningless.  He then went on a 3 and 3 qtr game streak w/o missing a kick.  He missed 1 kick, which would have been his career longest, that cost us a game.  How many game winners did Barth miss?  Either you guys are expecting Robbie Gould, one of the greatest kickers in the history of the NFL or hes met the bar.  

Yeah, he has really sucked. He’s missed like 9 or 10 kicks. That’s unacceptable.

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yes, he does. The kicks were not meaningless. He was paid for them and failed. This isn't a high volume stats like rushes or passing attempts, there are few reps making them more important per attempt.

He is at 77%, hopefully that climbs up, but right now he is 26th in FG% (over 10 attempts). That is further compounded by the fact that he has only had 2 attempts of 50 yards or more, while 27 other kickers have at least that many attempts and 21 have more than 2 attempts. He is 22nd in PAT %. I don't remember O'Donnell botching the hold or the snap being botched either.

Kickoffs he has been really good for touchbacks, which was something he absolutely proved me wrong on.

For earning the 4th most this year and the 3rd most guaranteed of all kickers he has given a mediocre ROI so far. Again that could change, but so far he has been a mediocre player.

Archived