Redskins will be signing Paul Richardson

49erurtaza

21 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean Richcardson is a great deep threat but um. I don't think he's worth $20M guaranteed and I sure as hell don't think he fits with Alex Smith lol.

Smith was the best down field thrower last year . As for Richardson ,I'm not a fan of his ... but he can help our offense .

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean Richcardson is a great deep threat but um. I don't think he's worth $20M guaranteed and I sure as hell don't think he fits with Alex Smith lol.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would have loved him in Oakland. He just needs a QB with an arm to get it there now. 

(I kid, I kid)

Most accurate deep ball passers in 2017

USATSI_10527361.jpg?w=916&h=720Jan 6, 2018; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith throws a pass against the Tennessee Titans during the fourth quarter in the AFC Wild Card playoff football game at Arrowhead Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports

The 2017 NFL season saw many top notch performances under center, and most noticeably saw a new, old cast of characters who threw the deep ball extremely well this past season. Using our PFF signature stat ‘adjusted completion percentage,’ which accounts for dropped passes, throwaways and passes in which the quarterback was hit as he throws, the following quarterbacks were the most accurate on throws targeted 20 yards or more past the line of scrimmage this season.

1. ALEX SMITH, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Adjusted Completion Percentage: 56.5 percent

Yards: 1,344 (1st)

Kansas City Chiefs QB Alex Smith

One of the surprises of the season, Smith became the league’s most efficient deep thrower, finishing first in adjusted completion percentage and yards while tying for first with 12 touchdowns. After generally ranking near the bottom in deep passing attempts in year’s past, a more aggressive approach had Smith ranked 11th with 12.3 percent of his attempts going deep this season. All told, it helped to pay off as he posted career-high PFF grade.

I’m excited to see what PRich can do in an offense that doesn’t limit his abilities so much.

Quite a bit of money and wouldn’t have made sense for us to match, but I can see him ascending out of our system similar to Golden Tate. 

Great speed, good route runner, and amazing ability to high point the football with quietly some of the best hands in the league. 

Archived