e16bball

Redskins to Sign WR Paul Richardson

It was just broken in the FA thread by @ARTMONK HOF, but it seems like it should have its own thread. 

Per various Twitter accounts, the deal is for 5 years and $40M, with $20M guaranteed. 

Just now, e16bball said:

It was just broken in the FA thread by @ARTMONK HOF, but it seems like it should have its own thread. 

Per various Twitter accounts, the deal is for 5 years and $40M, with $20M guaranteed. 

My bad. I know for next time. 

That's a lot of money for a breakout. 

This is a typical Bruce Allen signing.  We are paying another team's role player starter money and projecting him to "take the next step" with us.  These kind of signings have typically not worked out for us in the Bruce Allen era.  

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's a lot of money for a breakout. 

That's about what we paid for Garcon.

i like the signing. we didnt break the bank. he supposed to make 8 mil a year. we just needed that 2 option and hes young. 

3 minutes ago, Slateman said:

That's about what we paid for Garcon.

Good call.

FWIW, Albert Wilson signed for $8m a year with Miami. Image how people would react around here if we signed him for 8m per. The money part would've surprised me a week ago, today after seeing all the crazy money being thrown around, I'm not surprised. 

RIchardson >>>>>> Wilson. 

I like this signing. It was right on par with the market. Lots of fans wanted Richardson. 

4 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

FWIW, Albert Wilson signed for $8m a year with Miami. Image how people would react around here if we signed him for 8m per. The money part would've surprised me a week ago, today after seeing all the crazy money being thrown around, I'm not surprised. 

I would have been FURIOUS. Heck, Alex Smith would have been FURIOUS, lmao!

Same people who made the argument that paying Kirk Cousins a boat load of money now would be a cheap deal in a few years complaining about signing a under 30 WR to a similar contract.

4 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

47 games,  95 receptions, 1302 yards, 8 TDs

55 games, 124 receptions, 1544 yards, 7 TDs

Tell me which one is worth 8 million a year.