Redskins to Sign WR Paul Richardson

e16bball

I do think that Djax and Garçon are good to great WRs who aren’t system WRs but their age is an issue. Neither were staying on a hometown discount and I don’t think either are worth their current contract. 

I like the potential of the WR core we have now over paying what we’d have to pay Djax & Garçon to keep them.

I have admired Richardson’s skill but will tell you that it was a mistake for him to sign and then have us trade for a limp noodle old qb who loves to throw to TE and RB on 7 yard throws and see them run. Richardson at best is our new decoy. Im sure he’s already regretting not signing with a better QB. 

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I have admired Richardson’s skill but will tell you that it was a mistake for him to sign and then have us trade for a limp noodle old qb who loves to throw to TE and RB on 7 yard throws and see them run. Richardson at best is our new decoy. Im sure he’s already regretting not signing with a better QB. 

This is why you stay away from the scotch late on a Saturday night, kids. Remember this fine example of what not to do!

:P 

• Like 2

Alex Smith’s arm strength is fine. He doesn’t have elite arm strength, but he is very accurate which to me is more important. He’s not a noodle arm. He can make all the throws he needs to make and does so accurately which allows his receivers to get as much yards after the catch as they can.

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

What a WASTE!

Washington overpaid for him during the 2018 offseason, giving him a five-year, $40 million deal. He has made almost $20 million, playing only 17 games and making just 48 catches for 507 catches and four touchdowns.

It's why you never buy high on a guy delivering during his contract year, especially when he has a history of injuries behind it.  No one needed a crystal ball for this one.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's why you never buy high on a guy delivering during his contract year, especially when he has a history of injuries behind it.  No one needed a crystal ball for this one.  

Did he even deliver on his contract year? 703 and 6 is solid I suppose. 

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

What a WASTE!

Washington overpaid for him during the 2018 offseason, giving him a five-year, $40 million deal. He has made almost $20 million, playing only 17 games and making just 48 catches for 507 catches and four touchdowns.

$417K per catch ... basically a rookie contract per catch.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 4:33 PM, MKnight82 said:

Oh yes, you are so correct.  I have no reason at all to be skeptical of Bruce Allen signing a young role player from another team to starter level money.  Oh wait:

Stacey McGee, Terrell McClain, Andre Roberts, David Bruton Jr, Duke Ihenacho, Chris Culliver, Stephen Paea, Akeem Jordan, Shawn Lauvao, 

This was one of my better posts on this forum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Did he even deliver on his contract year? 703 and 6 is solid I suppose. 

The crazy thing is that once again - just like with the Norman signing - it proves for at least the Redskins franchise - it's much better for them to draft young talent, develop them and keep them rather then to sign other team's young talent, even if those players are coming off career years.

MKnight proved it in post, look at all those FA flops dating back to 2014, and that's just the last 5 years. We could go back a decade or even two and find so much more.

I know me personally, I was more in favor of re-signing Breeland rather then giving Norman a big contract. I did want to keep DJax, and if we had, we wouldn't have spent money on PRich and our passing game would have been better since 2017 until now. Then, obviously I wanted go keep Cousins rather then let him leave in FA.

Obviously though, I was wrong about those DL, the DBs we've signed this decade (but Merriweather & Tanard Jackson) & I did think that PRich would've been a better signing but once again, another FA bust for the Dan Snyder era!

Certainly wrong about that one, and you were right about PRICH.

Edited by turtle28