Redskins to Sign WR Paul Richardson

e16bball

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Decent signing. I wont say great, because Id like to know how often he got open inside 5 seconds. Tricky thing with Seattle WRs to me is Wilson buys so much extra time to get the ball down field.

Yea but our scheme and play calling way better then Seattle . They had a bad scheme for a long while now and if not for Wilson I promise you Seattle O would of sucked based on scheme .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I actually wouldn't hate signing him.  Our WRing core is so young would be nice to have a vet around for the rest of them.  

Yea but Nelson was a year removed from 1200 yards . Like if we sign him would you start him?

Edited by Dashing202

6 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

Deal appears it will be on par with past deals with an out after two years. Half of the guaranteed as signing bonus and half for the first two yearly salaries. If he makes it past year 4 this is a great deal. 

Very nice. I would LIKE this post, but it seems I have hit my max for the day. O.o

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Decker has reliable hands and we pass a lot . He can compete with Doctson as a starter .

doctson needs competition .

No it’s just not going to happen. No WR who could start somewhere else is going to come in and have to compete with our prize FA so far - Richardson - and our 2016 first round pick - Doctson - who flashed some last year but needs to be more consistent.

Doctson doesn’t need competition. Doctson has one starting WR job locked up and now Richardson has the other one locked up. The coaching staff is going to let both of these young WRs take those jobs and prove they should be our long term starters this season.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No it’s just not going to happen. No WR who could start somewhere else is going to come in and have to compete with our prize FA so far - Richardson - and our 2016 first round pick - Doctson - who flashed some last year but needs to be more consistent.

Doctson doesn’t need competition. Doctson has one starting WR job locked up and now Richardson has the other one locked up. The coaching staff is going to let both of these young WRs take those jobs and prove they should be our long term starters this season.

How can you say that ? Doctson hasn't proved anything yet . If he's truly better than decker or any dude than he can beat me out .

He has talent but you put the best players on the field . I want to win while smith is 33.

16 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

How can you say that ? Doctson hasn't proved anything yet . If he's truly better than decker or any dude than he can beat me out .

He has talent but you put the best players on the field . I want to win while smith is 33.

Because it’s the truth? If you draft a WR high in the draft and he’s flashed potential to develop into a long term starter, you have him start the following year to see if he can develop into the guy yiu need.

You can live in the Decker or Nelson fantasy if you want but I guarantee you the vet WRs don’t want to come here to compete with our 3 young WRs and we won’t sign them.

38 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I am only quoting this to bring you the most unfortunate news. I can promise you, we will not win a single game with Alex Smith at Quarterback.... while he is 33.

giphy.gif

He turns 34 in May. ;)

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I am only quoting this to bring you the most unfortunate news. I can promise you, we will not win a single game with Alex Smith at Quarterback.... while he is 33.

giphy.gif

He turns 34 in May. ;)

giphy.gif

Even worst lol.

i do like Doctson tho I just feel dude needs competition.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Because it’s the truth? If you draft a WR high in the draft and he’s flashed potential to develop into a long term starter, you have him start the following year to see if he can develop into the guy yiu need.

You can live in the Decker or Nelson fantasy if you want but I guarantee you the vet WRs don’t want to come here to compete with our 3 young WRs and we won’t sign them.

Fantasy land lol? Ok turtle 

Edited by Dashing202

It would be difficult to get a starting nod for Decker/Nelson, but not impossible. If I'm Jay and I see Decker/Nelson tearing it up in practices.. and Doctson's dropping everything, looking sluggish, etc.. I am starting the WR that looks to give my team the best chance to win. 

I would think that a 1st rd selected WR... in Doctson's case... as well as expensive FA signing.. in Richardson's case.. would have a rather large degree of separation from the others when it comes to who starts. All the same, that's what practices, OTAs, etc. leading up to September are for... fine-tuning your scheme while seeing which players deserve what ratio of game-day snaps. 

A vet like Decker or Nelson could have the confidence that they could play their way into the snaps.. but they would also have to look at Doctson and now Richardson.. decide what their chances are.. and look around the League's rosters for comparison. 

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I would think that a 1st rd selected WR... in Doctson's case... as well as expensive FA signing.. in Richardson's case.. would have a rather large degree of separation from the others when it comes to who starts.

Keep in mind that the Redskins also have Jamison Crowder. So, another FA coming here would arguably be starting at 4th on the pecking list. They might be able to sign an equivalent to Anquan Boldin (a vet at the end of his career looking for a one year deal where he can get it), but that's about it.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

Keep in mind that the Redskins also have Jamison Crowder. So, another FA coming here would arguably be starting at 4th on the pecking list. They might be able to sign an equivalent to Anquan Boldin (a vet at the end of his career looking for a one year deal where he can get it), but that's about it.

Right. Crowder not forgotten. ( I don't know that he would get the same respect on this matter as does Doctson and now Richardson )

That's kind of where I was going in another recent post talking about this. The one with considering Maclin over Crabtree if for no other reason than a cheaper 1 yr deal. Just need someone that can compete and likely get some snaps as a WR3 and occasional WR2. Someone that could also step in easily, if an injury occurs.. but someone short-term and cheap. 

If not that for a FA vet, just draft a speedy later rd WR that can compete his way up from the bottom of the positional roster depth.

Edited by oldman9er