Post Keenum Reality - IMO / Round 1 Propects

BaldyBronco

9 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Excluding QB, my top 5 outlook would be- Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick and that's it. There's not another non-QB worth drafting at 5.

If I had to pick a Top 5 with QBs, I'd say- Rosen, Darnold, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson

Edmunds?

I am so intrigued with trading back with Buffalo, it's just too easy to trick my mind in saying that at 1.12 and 1.22 (not to mentioned 2.56 being added) we can get better value. It's easy, watch this...

1.12 - whichever QB falls (Allen, Mayfield? Lamar Jackon? Mason Rudolph later) - just pretend they will be the best QB selected in the draft.

1.22 - Will Hernandez - not sure he lasts til our 2nd round pick

How many QB do we realistically see get taken in the 1st round this year? 2012, 2011, 2004, 2003 each had 4 QB taken. At this point in time, 4 is the absolute minimum - Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen? I like the upside of Jackson and Rudolph, but obviously NONE of the QB are worth anything if they aren't a "Franchise QB". If history repeats itself, we will be looking back at half of these young men and laughing about how we thought they were a 1st rounder. 

I think this is where I struggle the most with taking a QB at 5 - they sure as hell better be taking THEIR GUY, and not just taking QB3 on their board because we need a QB.

6 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Just a strange was of stating this...how could the Bills move with the Broncos?  I don't understand. 

Why is it inconceivable that Buffalo could trade w/us @ 1.5? If Rosen and Darnold are gone, if they love Allen and Elway doesn't, that trade benefits both sides.

1 minute ago, bMiller031 said:

Why is it inconceivable that Buffalo could trade w/us @ 1.5? If Rosen and Darnold are gone, if they love Allen and Elway doesn't, that trade benefits both sides.

just didn't understand how the Bills could move with us...not like we could pick #5 and they also pick #5. 

21 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Sp you wouldn't want a qb at 5 ? Do you believe in Keenum that much. Yiu said Mayfield and Allen would be ideal in a trade down but not likely. Are you uncomfortable with one of them at 5? Rosen? Darnold?

I would take them if they fall.  My whole theory is best available given the scenario.  I just feel strongly that you don't take a QB because you are forced to because sadly, we are rebuilding.  I see value in one of the QBb's at 12. l feel like it is a huge mistake to reach  at 5, unless they love one of them and he survives the first 4 picks.  If you have a chance to take a player who will be here long term and a potential all pro that should be the guy.  If one of the 4 QB's is there at 12, which seems unlikely now.  You take him.  At 5, you gotta take a stud.  And there are 5 IMO

18 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

What qb does Buffalo trade up for?

I think it would be Darnold.  Does it not seem like Allen, Darnold and Rosen are like the same guy?  Then Mayfield get's thrown in as the wildcard.  I say that because it really is hard to say which one, I just know it is one of the three and not Mayfield.

Archived