Eagles cut Brent Celek

49erurtaza

These are the sort of head scratching moves that make people doubt a team can repeat the following season. Celek is a veteran and provides a veteran presence in the locker room. When Wentz went down, it was Celek's leadership that kept the franchise together through the tough times, and allowed them to channel their inner strength during the playoff push.

I'm certain any team that has legitimate championship aspirations will be calling Celek's agent right about now.

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

These are the sort of head scratching moves that make people doubt a team can repeat the following season. Celek is a veteran and provides a veteran presence in the locker room. When Wentz went down, it was Celek's leadership that kept the franchise together through the tough times, and allowed them to channel their inner strength during the playoff push.

I'm certain any team that has legitimate championship aspirations will be calling Celek's agent right about now.

Not for £5m a year

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Small price to pay to be the ones getting fitted with rings after the season, no?

Not when you are over the cap and have a number of core leaders in the locker room.

Jason Peters, Malcolm Jenkins, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox etc/

He's a back up blocking tight end who wasn't worth the $5m against the gap, a no brainer.

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is he a hall of famer though?

Archived