Cardinals sign Sam Bradford

marky mark

Honestly this is fine. $20M a bit higher is the going rate of a starting QB annually, but that's the trade off to it being just a 1-year deal. The Cardinals know they aren't going to be in a position to start anyone better this season, s a one-year prove it deal seems like the best course of action. If Bradford stays healthy and plays well, they can always work out a long-term deal. If not, at least they should have a pretty good pick in next year's draft. They can still draft a QB high in this draft to groom behind him, even. I think some people are overreacting a bit.

Just now, VikeManDan said:

He'll cancel out the Cousins deal but we'll likely get a 3rd for Keenum going to Denver and another pick for Teddy wherever he lands (Jets as of now). 

I just thought I remembered hearing 1 year deals don't count at all in the comp formula? Maybe not. He does have an option so maybe it's considered a 2 year deal either way.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

He'll cancel out the Cousins deal but we'll likely get a 3rd for Keenum going to Denver and another pick for Teddy wherever he lands (Jets as of now). 

Keenum in Denver will be worth a 5th rounder at best :D

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just thought I remembered hearing 1 year deals don't count at all in the comp formula?

I don't think that's a thing. 

Let's all just accept that the Vikings will likely get 2 extra late 2019 3rds out of this QB shuffle.

Archived