Danny amendola to dolphins

49erurtaza

40 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We don't have any money, though.

That's okay.  Just immediately ask for Amendola to take a pay cut. 

I'm gonna miss the small comedy shorts that Amendola did with Edelman.  

1 hour ago, Lilseb93 said:

Parker has been a bust, but maybe he'll turn it around this year. Stills is good. 

Carroo has been a huge disappointment. Grant is a total wild card. Then they have a bunch of unknown guys who could sink or swim. 

I guess they just don't feel comfortable with their current core so they needed to add to it with more proven guys. 

Except that the majority of Wilson’s work is in the slot.  As is Dola’s.   @cddolphin showed this in the Wilson FA signing thread.  

They let Landry walk at 14-16M (latter being a tag) to now pay 12M combined for 2 guys.  Who both play best in the slot.  

There is no explanation....except that it’s Tannebaum. O.o

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

They let Landry walk at 14-16M (latter being a tag) to now pay 12M combined for 2 guys.  Who both play best in the slot.  

Let's try to spin this a bit, even if Wilson and Amendola both play a majority of snaps in the slot (both true), they'll still be spending some time on the perimeter, in bunch sets, etc. It's not like 'slot' WRs play 90%+ of their snaps in the slot, it's closer to a 70-30 or 60-40 split depending on the player. Wilson last season was something like 55-45, Landry was around 65-35 if memory serves.

So if the Dolphins substitute their WRs a bit more than last year, when the top 3 guys played 90%+ of snaps when healthy, having some slot insurance makes.. sense maybe? Idk man I got nothing. Parker is hurt all the time and you can't rely on him. Amendola has an injury history as well but they just gave him $8.5m guaranteed so..

I think Carroo is toast in the next day or two anyway.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Let's try to spin this a bit, even if Wilson and Amendola both play a majority of snaps in the slot (both true), they'll still be spending some time on the perimeter, in bunch sets, etc. It's not like 'slot' WRs play 90%+ of their snaps in the slot, it's closer to a 70-30 or 60-40 split depending on the player. Wilson last season was something like 55-45, Landry was around 65-35 if memory serves.

So if the Dolphins substitute their WRs a bit more than last year, when the top 3 guys played 90%+ of snaps when healthy, having some slot insurance makes.. sense maybe? Idk man I got nothing. Parker is hurt all the time and you can't rely on him. Amendola has an injury history as well but they just gave him $8.5m guaranteed so..

Carroo is being paid peanuts so I would keep him in camp at least. 

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

That’s fair but you gotta admit when they cut Landry Suh Timmons with JT coming - was THIS was the plan ppl had in mind with Opening Day of FA still not here yet? 

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That’s fair but you gotta admit when they cut Landry Suh Timmons with JT coming - was THIS was the plan ppl had in mind with Opening Day of FA still not here yet? 

Not at all. Not initally. Then the Miami Herald reported a week or so ago the Dolphins planned to be "active". Most of the reponses to that story were:

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Will go down as one of my all time favorite Patriots. Gonna miss the hell out of Dolamite. I refuse to change my sig.

Came in with unfair expectations due to his contract and was categorized as Welker's replacement, who was probably the best WR in Patriot history. Took pay cut after pay cut, made big catch after big catch, was tough, gritty and dependable. Can't even begin to explain how many times I saw him catch a tough pass while getting hit hard on 3rd or 4th down. Was fine with a reduced role in the regular season to limit his snaps and keep him healthy for the post season, where everyone knows he shined.

His post season this year was ridiculous. Wish he could have went out on top as a Patriot, but it certainly wasn't from a lack of production on his end.

Archived