Jets sign QBs Josh McCown & Teddy Bridgewater

Bianconero

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

This idea that McCown never turned a young QB into a star doesn't mean he's not a good influence.  The QB either has it or he doesn't.  McCown can only help guide him he can't magically make a guy like Hack accurate all of a sudden.  It's still on the young player to learn and improve.

Nothing wrong with having McCown as a 3rd string mentor except paying him a bit more then we needed to.  Doesn't mean whoever we draft will be great it just means whoever we draft can watch first hand what it means to be a professional, that's it.

Isnt that what coaching is for though? 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Isnt that what coaching is for though? 

As far as being a professional and commanding the players, no. 

Coaches only teach the X's & O's, techniques, and the opponents. McCown would teach Rosen how to command the team, handling life off the field, easier ways to study outside of football, and more. Also tricks on the field. Example; Beasley and Freeney. People were looking at Beasley as if he was a bust in his rookie year. Freeney came in and taught him a few tricks, he exploded from 4 sacks to 15.5sacks. 

I like the idea of McCown staying behind someone like Rosen. Same physical tools at 6'4 220 range and McCown can teach him the does or don'ts. 

Yeah that’s true. I think I just kinda wish we didn’t bring him back because the last thing I want is him starting again. I’d love him to stay here and be in the qb room with Teddy starting and the rookie backing him up. That I have no problem with. 

I just think it’s a wasted year yet again if McCown is the starter (already announced according to reports) so I will wait and see I guess. 

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Yeah that’s true. I think I just kinda wish we didn’t bring him back because the last thing I want is him starting again. I’d love him to stay here and be in the qb room with Teddy starting and the rookie backing him up. That I have no problem with. 

I just think it’s a wasted year yet again if McCown is the starter (already announced according to reports) so I will wait and see I guess. 

Agree 100%. McCown is making 5 times what hes worth, he should be more than happy being a mentor at 10 mil a year. 

I'm starting to think that the reason Teddy signed for so little is that there are still big questions as to when or if he will be able to come back.  Here is a link to an article from local media in Minnesota that discusses it a little.  I thought you Jets fans might be interested.

https://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/03/can-bridgewaters-first-days-nyc-tell-us-anything-exit-vikings/

Good luck.  I'm really pulling for him!

Archived