Jets sign QBs Josh McCown & Teddy Bridgewater

Bianconero

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

We're really about to witness a TB & McCown battle and skip out on possibly drafting a franchise QB. 

Im actually not against that at all. Although McCown should only play a single snap unless Bridgewater can barely walk and Hack has shown 0 progress.

This is classic mac and Bowles 

They're going to cover their bases at QB in FA. Covet Bridgewater as the savior with mccown familiar with the system and already good at it. Draft a DB early, likely Minkah. 

If we're lucky mac will bring in a big time interior lineman or corner but I won't hold my breath. 

I feel like Cousins was never actually in the mix. This seemed more likely to me all along.

I peeked onto the cousins bandwagon for a day or so but now I think this was the way it was planned.

Hopefully day 1 means our OL, DB and pass rusher issues get addressed and maybe RB as well, then we can go into the draft wide open.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Im actually not against that at all. Although McCown should only play a single snap unless Bridgewater can barely walk and Hack has shown 0 progress.

Neither mac or Bowles are concerned with where the franchise is in five years. They need wins now. This is why  theyre doing this. Plus neither values a top tier quarterback to having a successful team. 

Why is McCown signed on day2!!!! Are you effing kidding me! There is ZERO market for him...ZERO. This is the mark of a stupid GM. Mac has to go, this guy has no understanding of how to do his job. 10 mil for josh effing McCown! Embarrassing. Could have waited weeks and got him for nothing. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Why is McCown signed on day2!!!! Are you effing kidding me! There is ZERO market for him...ZERO. This is the mark of a stupid GM. Mac has to go, this guy has no understanding of how to do his job. 10 mil for josh effing McCown! Embarrassing. Could have waited weeks and got him for nothing. 

This sums it up. He's clearly clueless, Signing McCown was a  bad idea regardless. To pay him 10mill makes it God awful. This franchise is clueless.

13 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Facts. Mac doesn't want to trade up. He's going to use all the picks and have another below average, mind boggling, double dipping draft. 

Hence why I am legitimately worried. The only administration Maccagnan was ever apart of that actually took a 1st round QB was the 2002 Houston Texans, when they selected David Carr. I get it, QBs have a higher risk of busting. In a vacuum I actually prefer the ethos of drafting and developing QBs every single year on day 2 and day 3 until you find a guy that can be a franchise player as opposed to selecting them in the top portion of the draft if you're weary of their potential, but my problem is that Maccagnan has drafted 2 "projects" with little success. If he does it again in round 2, then we could be looking at another 2-3 years of "competitive" football but no real future in sight, with the Jets claiming their taking their time to develop the 2nd round QB... Just like Maccagnan did with Hackenberg, he'll claim he's just 1 of 52 players and that they don't feel he needs to be a starter right away in order to be a good player one day. It's buying time. Made sense back in 2016, but doesn't make sense anymore. 

Go all-in for the QB you feel best projects to the NFL with the intent of making him your franchise guy. Have a plan in place, develop him, let him get a shot and go from there. Hinge your wagon to him. I know Maccagnan doesn't want to do that - its against his nature - but this franchise will continue to be mediocre until we make a move for a QB. If it succeeds, Maccagnan is here for the long haul. If it fails, next GM likely gets his opportunity. Entering Maccagnan's 4th draft, that's the way I see it. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Hence why I am legitimately worried. The only administration Maccagnan was ever apart of that actually took a 1st round QB was the 2002 Houston Texans, when they selected David Carr. I get it, QBs have a higher risk of busting. In a vacuum I actually prefer the ethos of drafting and developing QBs every single year on day 2 and day 3 until you find a guy that can be a franchise player as opposed to selecting them in the top portion of the draft if you're weary of their potential, but my problem is that Maccagnan has drafted 2 "projects" with little success. If he does it again in round 2, then we could be looking at another 2-3 years of "competitive" football but no real future in sight, with the Jets claiming their taking their time to develop the 2nd round QB... Just like Maccagnan did with Hackenberg, he'll claim he's just 1 of 52 players and that they don't feel he needs to be a starter right away in order to be a good player one day. It's buying time. Made sense back in 2016, but doesn't make sense anymore. 

Go all-in for the QB you feel best projects to the NFL with the intent of making him your franchise guy. Have a plan in place, develop him, let him get a shot and go from there. Hinge your wagon to him. I know Maccagnan doesn't want to do that - its against his nature - but this franchise will continue to be mediocre until we make a move for a QB. If it succeeds, Maccagnan is hear for the longhaul. If it fails, next GM likely gets his opportunity. Entering Maccagnan's 4th draft, that's the way I see it. 

Don't be worried, there is nothing to worry about, just come to terms with the fact that we aren't interested in ever having a good QB.

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Hence why I am legitimately worried. The only administration Maccagnan was ever apart of that actually took a 1st round QB was the 2002 Houston Texans, when they selected David Carr. I get it, QBs have a higher risk of busting. In a vacuum I actually prefer the ethos of drafting QBs every single year on day 2 and day 3 until you find a guy that can be a franchise player, but my problem is that Maccagnan has drafted 2 "projects" with little success. If he does it again in round 2, then we could be looking at another 2-3 years of "competitive" football but no real future in sight, with the Jets claiming their taking their time to develop the 2nd round QB... Just like Maccagnan did with Hackenberg, he'll claim he's just 1 of 52 players and that they don't feel he needs to be a starter right away in order to be a good player one day. It's buying time. Made sense back in 2016, but doesn't make sense anymore. 

Go all-in for the QB you feel best projects to the NFL with the intent of making him your franchise guy. Have a plan in place, develop him, let him get a shot and go from there. Hinge your wagon to him. I know Maccagnan doesn't want to do that - its against his nature - but this franchise will continue to be mediocre until we make a move for a QB. If it succeeds, Maccagnan is hear for the longhaul. If it fails, next GM likely gets his opportunity. Entering Maccagnan's 4th draft, that's the way I see it. 

Matt Schaub.  Weird trade with Falcons involved Texans' 1st round pick.  That would make 2 ish.

Archived