Jets sign QBs Josh McCown & Teddy Bridgewater

Bianconero

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

You’re guys players will love Teddy. Everybody fell in love with him in Minnesota. Good in press conferences. 

No clue where his health is truely at, but they did come out and say there was no nerve damage. 

If he plays at his original form, he is mobile, and won’t lose any games for you. By far not a gun slinger. Sort of had a nickname of Check-down Teddy.

About every Minnesota fan will be routing for him.

Is that because you got freaking Cousins?

Have you seen him playing somewhere last season? How is his mobility?  Lose some or about same?

Good signing. Still only 25 and “could be” a steal. I agree he shouldn’t prevent us from drafting a QB. But I sure hope he prevents us from bringing back McCown and trading up for a QB. And I’m well aware im in the minority in that thought.

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Hes a bum, most TD in a season 14.. Garbage.

Game manager, doesn't make plays. We need to draft a QB. Sucks cause I wanted Nelson to add a future all pro at the OL for years to come. 

In his would be 3rd season, he had a chance to score at least 25 tds.

Yes it is cause they got Cousins. If the Vikings felt that Bridgewater was any good they would have kept him and not dropped fully guaranteed money on Cousins. It's not like Cousins is a top 5 QB, arguable with top 10. Most likely top 15. 

Me personally would rather have this signing than Cousins. You know what you get in Cousins and that is a guy that can put up numbers but loses games and never can win the big game. Teddy looked really good and I think his knee is in good shape. Just like people said. I would draft a QB still with the 6 pick. I would bring in all 4 QB and let them fight it out. Teddy, Hack, Rookie, Petty

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Game manager, doesn't make plays. We need to draft a QB. Sucks cause I wanted Nelson to add a future all pro at the OL for years to come. 

Watch the game, not the stat line. He was one of the most accurate passers in the league as a 22 year old with a garbage OL and worse receiviers. The offense was ancient and centered on an aging AP. Before he was injured his deep ball was starting to develop.

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

When you have $90 mil in cap space, you don't make bargain signings. You go for splash signings. This team is a joke. 

I'm with you. They better throw a banger at MetLife with the extra 60M we're gonna have hanging around.

8 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

He played 2 seasons in a run heavy offense. Right total bum...

If McCown wants to come back I'd be OK with it... but only if he's OK with the possibility of being a 3rd string/mentor. Maybe give him the title as a 2nd string, but if Teddy is healthy and were to beat out a rookie for the starting job, I'd still one the rookie to get the backup reps. Need to focus on the future (Teddy only 25, rookie, even Hack only 23), not waste time with McCown imo. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

And of course with this team we have a stud young WR, but he'll end up out of the league with the amount of times hes arrested. 

Sefarian Jenkins is a ***** who doesn't want to return. 

Why would he? Doesn't look like we are trying to retain him.

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

If McCown wants to come back I'd be OK with it... but only if he's OK with the possibility of being a 3rd string/mentor. Maybe give him the title as a 2nd string, but if Teddy is healthy and were to beat out a rookie for the starting job, I'd still one the rookie to get the backup reps. Need to focus on the future (Teddy only 25, rookie, even Hack only 23), not waste time with McCown imo. 

Last time I heard he wanted to play if he re-signed with Jets.

Archived