Jaguars re-sign Marqise Lee

.Buzz

Yeah man, idk.

Didn't stand out enough and we already have guys who can do what Lee does. We did need a veteran receiver so I'm not sure we had a ton of options with Richardson and co. gone but...

Hopefully he can stay healthy. It says, can reach up to 38 million, so incentives have got to be included.

18 million guaranteed isn’t that bad, I guess. Basically a two year deal for 18 million.

I do think Hurns should be cut and they should draft a WR.

Cole/Westbrook/Lee and rookie WR (Sutton? Pettis? Moore?)

51 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I do think Hurns should be cut and they should draft a WR.

Cole/Westbrook/Lee and rookie WR (Sutton? Pettis? Moore?)

No way they let Hurnsy go now. That’s way too much inexperience for a team that’s supposed to be contending for a title. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

No way they let Hurnsy go now. That’s way too much inexperience for a team that’s supposed to be contending for a title. 

I mean, there was question if we'd sign a receiver other than ARob. Not sure it's crazy 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, there was question if we'd sign a receiver other than ARob. Not sure it's crazy 

ARob+Hurns, yeah. But I mean having one guy with more than one year under his belt is just a disaster waiting to happen. 

Yeah I'm going to wait to see how the contract is structured but personally rather have Arob for 14 vs Lee at 9.5. But that's assuming Allen wanted back.

I'm curious to see what happens with Hurns. I feel like we need him, but his and Lee's presence pushes Cole down the depth chart. I really could have done without Lee.

Bringing him back and losing A.C. (who was a long shot anyway) is a bummer after the high of this morning.

5 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

?? wtf man ?‍♂️ this is going to be a sad *** offense next year

That’s what we thought when arob went down last season.

Bortles

Fournette/Yeldon/Grant

Lee/Cole/Moncrief/Westbrook

Rookie/Marcedes/Koyack?

Robinson/Norwell/Linder/Cann or Rookie?/Parnell

Bortles should be better with another year in Hackett’s system + better O-Line

Lenny will hopefully be healthy and be the guy he was pre injury in Rams game. Addition of Norwell and possibly more through the Draft will be a big boost. Grant should see more touches on offense.

Keelan was our best WR when he finally got reps as a starter. Westbrook was hampered by injuries all off-season and didn’t come back til what, week 9? We can be hard on Lee but he fits our offense pretty well. Very dependable on 3rd down. Moncrief is underrated IMO. I know he hasn’t been able to stay healthy lately but he can fly and his ability to high point the ball is something we need. A-Rob was our only guy to be able to do that.

We need to focus on the TE’s in the Draft because we will be taking one early. Whether that be Gisecki, Hurst or Goedert.

The O-Line will be significantly better. Our G’s sucked last year and with the addition of Norwell and probably another OG pretty high in the Draft, the run game shouldn’t sputter like it did last year. Bortles covered up the O-Line with his scrambling ability last year but he is going to have much cleaner pockets next year. Hopefully that means they take more shots down the field.

I joked that this front office seem to love Lee way more than they should, and will keep him instead.  But it was supposed to be a joke man.  I was joking.  Why'd they actually do it???

Like, we're out here watching this inept passing game half the season, just crying out for a legitimate top weapon for Bortle man.  And instead, it's like..."hey, let's do that same thing that sucked hard last year...but we'll add an inconsistent guy like Moncrief and call it good!"  While a quality target like ARob is just there, ripe for the picking.  They're just banking so heavily on progression from guys who probably just had career years, it's stupid.  Especially when most of the time we're only going to have 2 or 3 WRs on the field at a time.  You can't fit all that mediocrity on there at once.  It doesn't work in a ground 'n pound system.

Harumph.

Archived