**Tayne's BTC Extensive 2018 NFL Mock offseason now with more asterisks**

NudeTayne

Jacob or Edward?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Mayfield +37, 49, 2019 1st, -2019 3rd or Darnold?

• The Darnold one. The majority are right this time.
    • This one. Freaky knows.

Free Agency:

CB Kyle Fuller

USATSI_9044478.jpg

--Give him a fat chunk of change. We need starting caliber corners and he certainly fits the bill. He’s a good player at the cornerback position.

WR Terrelle Pryor

Image result for terrelle pryor

--Was atrocious for Washington last season. He missed us as much as we missed him. It makes sense to naturally reunite Pryor and the Browns. He will be the #2 WR if he beats out Coleman or the #4 if Corey can actually show up this year.

DT Daquon Jones

Image result for daquan jones

--A powerful squatty NT that can generate some pressure as well. We lose Shelton, so finding a bigger body to place next to our smaller 3T’s is necessary. Daquon Jones is a starting caliber player that shouldn’t break the bank.

DE Dee Ford

Image result for dee ford

--Ford has a lot of untapped potential still. He’s an elite athlete for the DE position and consistently has a speed advantage against all OT’s. He’s underwhelming as an edge setter and isn’t a diverse pass rusher. Relatively young and cheap signing for our 3rd string pass rusher.

MLB Christian Jones

Image result for christian jones

--Versatile linebacker that can play all three LB positions. He’s fast enough to cover, big enough to thump, and instinctive enough to be in the right position to make tackles. Should be cheap and could sub out Schobert on passing downs.

CB DJ Hayden

Image result for dj hayden

--Simple depth addition. Hayden has been very up and down in his NFL career after being a high 1st round draft pick not too long ago. We’d be bringing him in to act as the 4th-5th-6th cornerback, so there isn’t much of a downside. He has every tool to pan out, but it hasn’t happened yet.

2018 NFL Draft

#1—Sam Darnold/QB/USC

Image result for sam darnold

--QB prospect. He has the size, athleticism, arm talent, and leadership to become a franchise QB. He needs to shore up his fumbling fetish and turnovers. He’s a little overrated, but we need starting caliber quarters and he certainly fits the bill.

#4—Saquon Barkley/RB/Penn State

Image result for saquon barkley

--The best player in the draft. He’s electric in the open field and has the size to shed tacklers if they’re lucky enough to get their hands on him. He’s also an elite receiver out of the backfield and has A+++ character. Best runningback since Adrian Peterson.

(TRADE)

*Dorsey officially puts his stamp on this draft. Browns trade #1 pick Sam Darnold  and 2019 3rd to the New York Jets for #6, #37, #49, 2019 1st. The Browns have the draft falling how they'd like and opt for 1B. This trade will be looked back at like the Philip Rivers trade. Both quarterbacks should be solid, though I suspect that not only will Mayfield be better than Sam Darnold, but he will come with all those picks and no concerns about turnovers.

#6—Baker Mayfield/QB/Oklahoma

4ae167baf48e41b684ba3bb4958f841b.jpg?ito

--The other best player in the draft. He’s electric in football and has A+++ character. Will be the best quarterback the Browns have had. Period. 

(TRADE)

*Browns trade #33, #37, 5th, 2019 Patriots 3rd, 2019 5th to the Dolphins for #11. We jump in front of Cincinnati to screw them over and make them over overdraft a tackle again.

#11—Quenton Nelson/OT/Notre Dame

maxresdefault.jpg

--An excellent OL capable of playing all over the place. A true leader and firey competitor in addition to being a freaky athlete. Has the agility and lateral mobility to cover from sideline-sideline. Insane closing burst and excellent hit power. He’s my #4 rated player in the draft.

#35—Josh Jackson/CB/Iowa

usa_today_10411480.0.jpg

--consensus first-rounder until a somewhat slower combine showing. He may drop to the early to mid second round at latest, and I'd love to jump on him there. He looks ideal for the system we are running and is great covering an area of space. Jackson will need to work on technique more, which showed up a bit at the combine. That said, Josh Jackson is an instinctive ballhawk, and that cannot be taught.

#49—Billy Price/C/tehOSU

billy-price-b0ddf00ffbb2c06cjpg-66bede01

--consensus first-rounder until a freak combine injury. He may last until the late second with all the quality interior lineman this year, but this seems like a great spot for value. We can ride out Tretter for one more year while Billy gets into playing shape and have something great on our hands in 2019.

4th—Skai Moore/WLB/South Carolina

Image result for skai moore

--Excellent cover linebacker that was also very productive in the run game. He isn’t nearly as good as Roquan Smith, but he is a similar kind of player. Scrape linebacker that doesn’t miss tackles and can run with anyone in the pass game. Another guy that could replace Schobert on passing downs.

5th—Antonio Callaway/WR/Florida

Image result for antonio callaway

--Talented receiver, extremely talented criminal. The guy isn’t going to win any boy scout awards, but he’s a pretty darn good wide receiver. He has top level explosion, solid hands, and understands how to get open against man coverage. Worth a flier here, but has immense bust potential.

6th—Dimitri Flowers/FB/Oklahoma

Image result for dimitri flowers

--Plays almost like a TE/RB more than a FB. He’s a true H-Back, something we need in this offense. He is a capable blocker, but most of his production will come off of play action flat and seam routes. Good RAC ability and tough as nails. The top FB in the draft.

7th—Matthew Thomas/MLB/Florida State

Image result for matthew thomas linebacker

--Great athlete, mediocre football player. Never really put it together at FSU. Did, however, make several splash plays and showed flashes of becoming a special player. He’s big and fast and can cover well. Needs to play with more conviction based on his initial reads. Slow to react.

2018 Cleveland Browns Roster:

QB: Tyrod Taylor/Baker Mayfield/Cody Kessler

RB: Saquon Barkley/Duke Johnson/Matt Dayes

FB: Dimitri Flowers

WR: Josh Gordon/Corey Coleman/Jarvis Landry/Terrelle Pryor/Antonio Callaway/Sammie Coates

TE: David Njoku/Seth DeValve/Randall Telfer

LT: Joe Thomas/Quenton Nelson

LG: Joel Bitonio/Marcus Martin

C: JC Tretter/Austin Reiter/(IR-return)Billy Price

RG: Kevin Zeitler/Spencer Drango

RT: Shon Coleman/Quenton Nelson/Roderick Johnson

LE: Emmanuel Ogbah/Carl Nassib

DT: Larry Ogunjobi/Daquon Jones/Trevon Coley/Caleb Brantley

RE: Myles Garrett/Dee Ford

WLB: Christian Kirksey/Skai Moore

MLB: Joe Schobert/Christian Jones/(PS)Matthew Thomas

SLB: Jamie Collins/James Burgess

CB: Kyle Fuller/Josh Jackson/Briean Boddy-Calhoun/DJ Hayden/Howard Wilson/McCourty

FS: Damarious Randall/Kai Nacua/McCourty

SS: Jabrill Peppers/Derrick Kindred

K: Zane Gonzales

P: Britton Colquitt

KR: Saquon Barkley/Jabrill Peppers

PR: Saquon Barkley/Jabrill Peppers

2019 Team Needs:

None. Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m on the fence about trading out of Darnold for a clearly superior prospect plus several high picks to boot, but I’ve got to be honest, I wouldn’t care at all if we did that because everything else is a home run

and digital footballs at stake.

Right on.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not at all.

I feel that’s the worst pick.

Where do you see Billy Price's value before and after his partial pectoral tear?

And would it be much better if we'd grabbed James Daniels or Frank Ragnow there? I see us being pretty set for starters by this point of the draft and thus could look to upgrade an average unit.

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Where do you see Billy Price's value before and after his partial pectoral tear?

And would it be much better if we'd grabbed James Daniels or Frank Ragnow there? I see us being pretty set for starters by this point of the draft and thus could look to upgrade an average unit.

I don’t think we need a center

If we really do love Mayfield, this is a good way to ensure we get him. I like how the draft strengthens the o-line and running game and adds an intriguing CB to the mix in the secondary along with Johnson in FA. If Mayfield pans out, this could have us set up.

I disagree.  I see bust potential that worries me. Lost confidence on college, wonky mechanics that he says he will not be fixing, average arm, lapses in decision making.  I like him, but way too many potential pitfalls for me to take him at one.

Archived