Bears sign WR Taylor Gabriel

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Robinson

White

Gabriel

Meredith

Burton

I'll give Chicago credit. While non of them are top end guys, that is amazing depth. 

1 year makes a huge difference. Their WRs were pitiful last season.

They offered Meredith an original round tender.  He’s actually available as basically a UFA now but with CHI owning the rights of matching any offer made, given he’s a UDFA originally.  

Anything us possible but I imagine he will get offers having no comp pick attached.     I’d guess Pace will let him walk with any significant offer given the signings and White still under control.  

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

They offered an original round tender.  Anything us possible but I imagine he will get offers having no comp pick attached.     I’d guess Pace will let him walk with any significant offer given the signings and White still under control.  

Has anyone targeted him yet?

REALLY liking what the Bears have done so far to build around their 2nd year QB. 

Pace is a smart man, and smart men study other smart men and sometimes try to learn from them. Which seems to be what is happening here with the Bears basically building around their QB almost exactly as the Eagles did last off-season. 

And they own the 8th pick still, which they should be able to use to get an impact defensive player. 

Robinson, Meredith, Gabriel and Sheehan (sp) and Burton at TE. And their duo of Howard and Cohen at RB is very good.

However they have some work to do along the OL. Gotta protect your young QB first and foremost 

31 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

They offered Meredith an original round tender.  He’s actually available as basically a UFA now but with CHI owning the rights of matching any offer made, given he’s a UDFA originally.  

Anything us possible but I imagine he will get offers having no comp pick attached.     I’d guess Pace will let him walk with any significant offer given the signings and White still under control.  

I really think you are overestimating the amount of interest Meredith will receive.

Just now, TankWilliams said:

I really think you are overestimating the amount of interest Meredith will receive.

That's possible, but not many WR's who are young, cheap, and his ceiling.   Remember, the 2nd round tender is 2.9M.   The original round is 1.9M.   I'd be surprised if teams don't come calling to offer more - given the $ that's being floated to WR in FA.   The FA WR pool is very meh with the guys left with ARob, Watkins, PRich, Moncrief all gone.

32 minutes ago, Crickett said:

I like the contrast in skillsets of the receivers they have brought in.  I'm scared what they can be if they can get Quentin Nelson at #8. 

Bears have shown the past two years they are not afraid to move up if there is a player they are in love with.  If he's their guy, don't be surprised if they move up a pick or two. 

10 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Bears have shown the past two years they are not afraid to move up if there is a player they are in love with.  If he's their guy, don't be surprised if they move up a pick or two. 

If B Chubb makes it to the Jets at 6 I can see Pace being all over that. Doubt he goes after OG top 10

14 hours ago, Broncofan said:

This should be a shirt.

Archived