Packers sign TE Jimmy Graham

marky mark

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'll pass on both, I'll take Graham for no draft compensation please and use those picks to build a defense.

Gronkowski has missed 6 more games over the last three years than Graham has.  Let's not act like Gronkowski has missed 32 games in the last 3 seasons. 

Gronkowski is the best tight end to ever play the game.

It was hyperbole to say one more year from Gronkowski.  Reports of Gronkowski retiring are blown way out of proportion.  He's going to play 4 more years at least if he gets away from Belichick. 

Quit being an ***hat. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Gronkowski has missed 6 more games over the last three years than Graham has.  Let's not act like Gronkowski has missed 32 games in the last 3 seasons. 

Gronkowski is the best tight end to ever play the game.

It was hyperbole to say one more year.  Quit being an ***hat. 

Why are they dealing him then? Guy is about as committed to football as Bennett at this point. If BB doesn't want him, I don't either.

Comparing Jimmy and Gronk's health is truly laughable too. Jimmy's had a patella. Gronk's had elbow, multiple concussions, chronic back problems, torn ACL and torn MCL. He hasn't played a full season since 2011.

Gronk isn't much different than OBJ, he's a party guy who values fame off the field just as much if not more than playing the game.

Why are they dealing him then? Guy is about as committed to football as Bennett at this point. If BB doesn't want him, I don't either

Reports are Gronkowski is tired of playing with Belichick.  Gronkowski wanted to train with Brady's trainer, Belichick didn't allow it, and also the reports of Belichick being a no fun grump are thrown in there.  With a player like Gronkowski, it adds up. 

Comparing Jimmy and Gronk's health is truly laughable too. Jimmy's had a patella. Gronk's had elbow, multiple concussions, chronic back problems, torn ACL and torn MCL. He hasn't played a full season since 2011.

Fact remains he has missed only 6 more games than Graham over the past three years.  His availability is only 6 games less than Graham's over the past three years.  It's not as big a deal as people make it out to be, and if he's allowed to train the way he wants to, I'm sure it's less of a problem.  Gronkowski at 80% is as good as Graham at 100%.  Would anybody deny that the best all around tight end to ever play the game from a skill and threat standpoint is Rob Gronkowski? 

Gronk isn't much different than OBJ, he's a party guy who values fame off the field just as much if not more than playing the game.

Gronkowski is probably as stupid as OBJ, but Gronkowski's stupidity isn't a selfish stupidity.  Beckham is selfish.  He whines about everything.  How many complaints have you heard out of Gronkowski?  How many times has it been suggested Gronkowski isn't a good teammate?  How many times has Gronkowski hurt his team from stupid penalties?  Once that I can recall. 

Just now, Dubz41 said:

Belichek always gets rid of people just before they crap out.  I believe he has said before, "better a year early than a year late."

Yeah, Chandler's 28 sacks in two years with the Cardinals was certainly only one year too early.  Cardinals definitely didn't get a franchise pass rusher for a second round pick and a bust of a guard. 

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'll pass on both, I'll take Graham for no draft compensation please and use those picks to build a defense.

"Coming right up.....be ready in a jiffy"

(Jiffy. Now theres a word. Who ever thought up the word "jiffy" when trying to describe something happening in a hurry?)

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, Chandler's 28 sacks in two years with the Cardinals was certainly only one year too early.  Cardinals definitely didn't get a franchise pass rusher for a second round pick and a bust of a guard. 

*Cherry picks one example to try and make a point.

For the record give me Gronk AND Graham for Rodgers to throw to B|

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Gronkowski is probably as stupid as OBJ, but Gronkowski's stupidity isn't a selfish stupidity.  Beckham is selfish.  He whines about everything.  How many complaints have you heard out of Gronkowski?  How many times has it been suggested Gronkowski isn't a good teammate?  How many times has Gronkowski hurt his team from stupid penalties?  Once that I can recall. 

Isn't this whole offseason one big Gronk complaint? Also please see (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/rob-gronkowski-tweets-about-being-underpaid/), another complaint. I have also never seen a report about OBJ being a bad teammate. They are more similar than you will ever admit. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, that's where he's at in his career and he's looking toward Hollywood, not Aschwaubenon

Its kinda interesting how the owners used LA as the lever to force teams to build a new stadium. Now the players like OBJ and Gronk are using LA for leverage too as they contemplate building their post-football careers

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Kind of like how Ted was super good at this but Hayward went on to have a great career? Guess Ted sucked too.

One instance does not make up a counter argument.

They got rid of Jones because they didn't think they could afford him, not because they thought he was done. They replaced him with a cheaper vet in Long and won a SB. 

40 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For the love of God... The fact remains we still regret letting Hayward leave.  Regret does not require blame nor fault. 

I don't. I get that it's natural but most people try to train that out of themselves.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

*Cherry picks one example to try and make a point.

I didn't cherry pick, I used the simplest and easiest example to prove the point wrong.  The point being that Belichick can and has traded away players before they're "done."  Buckle up, because more examples are coming. 

One instance does not make up a counter argument.

One instance proves that Belichick will trade players before they're "done."  What is it you think I'm trying to say?  Belichick also traded Richard Seymour four years before he retired.  Seymour went on to have two pro bowl years with the Raiders.  Deion Branch went on to play 6 or 7 more years after Belichick traded him.

The point I was making is that Belichick trades players away before they're done.  Don't know why you think your tone is justified in this example.  Belichick has traded away a bunch of players before they were "done."  Jamie Collins is another one.  So yeah, you really don't even know what you're arguing, you just want to act like I'm wrong without even knowing what I'm saying. 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

Isn't this whole offseason one big Gronk complaint? Also please see (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/rob-gronkowski-tweets-about-being-underpaid/), another complaint. I have also never seen a report about OBJ being a bad teammate. They are more similar than you will ever admit. 

Quick question for you... Do you think Gronkowski is better, equal or worse as a person than ODB? 

Anything else doesn't really matter in this conversation. 

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

I don't. I get that it's natural but most people try to train that out of themselves.

You don't regret letting Hayward go, huh?  You expect me to believe that?  You wouldn't rather have had a 2 time second team all-pro cornerback on our roster the last two years and coming up this year?

Huh. 

Archived