QB rankings.

Xmad

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

No, but there is a difference between calling it out and incessantly whining about it.

Not referring to you, but there are at least a few Saints fans (one in particular) that do nothing but look for posts to cry about how disrespected Brees is (even threads that really have nothing to do with him)....and Id probably agree with that sometimes if it werent for the way some go about it. 

Again, not directed at you, but I think thats why I think many non-Saints fans on here get annoyed when it comes to defending Brees.   He deserves to be defended at times, but a few guys take it over the top and give normal fans a bad wrap.  

I don't know if they go over the top, as in lifting him higher than he should be, they just defend him every time someone ranks him too low. I'd be the same way if I had a Brees to defend/enlighten others about.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't know if they go over the top, as in lifting him higher than he should be, they just defend him every time someone ranks him too low. I'd be the same way if I had a Brees to defend/enlighten others about.

The ones I am thinking about (especially that one) absolutely take it over the top.   I have no issue with whats going on in this thread....but I also get why some people are annoyed with seeing Brees getting defended, and its because of those certain fans I speak of that go over the top with it.   

17 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The ones I am thinking about (especially that one) absolutely take it over the top.   I have no issue with whats going on in this thread....but I also get why some people are annoyed with seeing Brees getting defended, and its because of those certain fans I speak of that go over the top with it.   

Well maybe, I certainly don't see every post let alone every thread. I'm probably one of the bigger non-Saint Brees fans here, there isn't much that I could hear that would make me think someone was going over the top. If someone said they thought he was the greatest QB that ever lived I wouldn't have a problem with it, may not agree but it's the same way I'd feel if someone said they thought Dan Marino was the greatest QB ever, I was pretty much in awe of both of their careers even though most prefer Montana/Brady/etc... I think if Brees or Marino had 4 SB wins and their exact same regular season careers that they would both be talked about in every GOAT QB conversation. Part of the reason they don't could be on them (pretty much every QB had a game in their playoff run to winning the SB that they could have lost but didn't for whatever reason) but it is still team wins that drop them down the list and the debate of whether or not that is fair will likely never be resolved.

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this other than in my lifetime Marino and Brees were two of the best quarterbacks I have watched and they are probably both on the back end of most top 10 lists of quarterbacks from the last 40 years and I don't think it is entirely accurate. They have 1 title between them and I think that is what dragsa them down even though in their era there isn't much more that could realistically be done than what they did in their careers to make the team win more games.

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I know who you're talking about, and you're right, but a majority of Saints fans don't bring it up unless someone else does first.

I'm guessing you're talking about me, and I rarely even bring up Brees topics, lately it's been a little bit more but that's because some of the discussions have been quite bad.  Also most of my discussion on the topic isn't that Brees is better than everyone, but that he consistently gets dropped/forgotten and when I do bring him up it's mostly to ask why someone feels they do on Brees and I'll debate on it a little back and forth.  I probably could've/should've added more to my original post but I was on my phone at work when I responded and had something I had to get back to work.

I'm fine with people putting Big Ben above Brees if they feel that way, but if they do I'm going to ask them why they have Brees lower than #3.  It spurs discussion and maybe I'll learn something new about the Big Ben or heck anyone else they might put ahead of Brees and hopefully I might do the same for them.  It's just normally the reasons behind dropping Brees are "Too many interception", "Junk stats", and "doesn't make the playoffs" but a lot of those arguments have a lot of holes in them and I just like to point out that the ship is taking on a lot of water.

On 03/08/2017 at 8:46 PM, Woz said:

*takes a look* Kirk at 16 ... eh, I feel that's a little low, but I can understand the ranking.
*looks for the rest of the East QBs* Prescott at 12? That's high. Wentz at 15? That's about right, I suppose. Eli at 20, though, behind Tyrod, Flacco, and Tannehill? Really? I loathe the Giants, but even I look askance at that.

Cousins should switch with Dak Prescott and jump to 12. You're right, that's too low 

On 13/08/2017 at 11:47 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

No, but there is a difference between calling it out and incessantly whining about it.

Not referring to you, but there are at least a few Saints fans (one in particular) that do nothing but look for posts to cry about how disrespected Brees is (even threads that really have nothing to do with him)....and Id probably agree with that sometimes if it werent for the way some go about it. 

Again, not directed at you, but I think thats why I think many non-Saints fans on here get annoyed when it comes to defending Brees.   He deserves to be defended at times, but a few guys take it over the top and give normal fans a bad wrap.  

On 14/08/2017 at 1:32 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

8 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

No, I don't think he's talking about you, and I'm definitely not.  The user I'm referring to rarely if ever posts in the team forum, and seemingly only shows up for Brees arguments.

Hello.

I am sure the fact that I'm defending Brees has nothing to do with people here constantly (let me say it again; c o n s t a n t l y) underrating him. Like for example, in this thread. We're at a point where even Brees fans (me not included ofc) have to say he's not elite anymore; he's just "a very good qb", in order not to feel too much heat from the rest of the community. 

There are also a couple of things you absolutely can't say here, like for example that Brees is in the same league as Brady or Rodgers. You'll immediately be branded as a "fanboy", "clueless person" etc...

The saddest thing ofc is that the very ones that judge him are the very ones that don't watch him. They'll never see that he actually does stuff outside of the pocket, they'll never see how many times he gets hit and yet delivers that perfect pass in between the safety and the CB, they'll never see him still being able to make those 40yds throws, they'll never see him fake pump and get 20yds on a perfect coverage, and they'll never see those perfects flea flickers he does every time he play at home. 

They gonna brand Rodgers as the best QB ever because he throws 2 lucky hail mary but they couldn't care less about Brees throwing for 400yds, 4TDs and yet losing the game because the Saints D is utter ****.

Hell, until recently Brees was still branded as a stat padder here.

So yes, I do like Brees and I do believe he's a top 3 QB and as I said many times, I do believe he's the most talented QB of the Peyton/Brady/Brees generation.

Hey, I've been in my fair share of Brees arguments, believe me.  But I know non Saints fans don't really care, so I won't bring it up until they do, and usually only when someone has a particularly egregious opinion.  If someone ranks him at number 6 instead of number 3, well I don't really care about that.  I may not agree, but thats what you put up with when the team is garbage like it has been.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, Thomas5737 said:

Well maybe, I certainly don't see every post let alone every thread. I'm probably one of the bigger non-Saint Brees fans here, there isn't much that I could hear that would make me think someone was going over the top. If someone said they thought he was the greatest QB that ever lived I wouldn't have a problem with it, may not agree but it's the same way I'd feel if someone said they thought Dan Marino was the greatest QB ever, I was pretty much in awe of both of their careers even though most prefer Montana/Brady/etc... I think if Brees or Marino had 4 SB wins and their exact same regular season careers that they would both be talked about in every GOAT QB conversation. Part of the reason they don't could be on them (pretty much every QB had a game in their playoff run to winning the SB that they could have lost but didn't for whatever reason) but it is still team wins that drop them down the list and the debate of whether or not that is fair will likely never be resolved.

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this other than in my lifetime Marino and Brees were two of the best quarterbacks I have watched and they are probably both on the back end of most top 10 lists of quarterbacks from the last 40 years and I don't think it is entirely accurate. They have 1 title between them and I think that is what dragsa them down even though in their era there isn't much more that could realistically be done than what they did in their careers to make the team win more games.

43 is referencing a particular fan of ours that actually does go too far. I haven't seen him post and don't think he even signed up for the new forum.

EDIT: speak of the devil, he's a few posts up. 

1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

43 is referencing a particular fan of ours that actually does go too far. I haven't seen him post and don't think he even signed up for the new forum.

Ahhh I think I know who you are talking about now. Short guy with glasses?

Archived