Packers releasing WR Jordy Nelson

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, Joyride15 said:

I agree, this is a good observation.

He already gets that money. We already spent that money. You just factor it into the new contract. All the actual money can be the same for both sides if you factor it in which isn't hard. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know, why are you such a *****?

I’m serious. It’s alway “if xyz happens, I swear to god I’m done.”

It’s football dude, like what’s-his-face said, r-e-l-a-x. ???

8 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

This is why I don't think he's coming back. If they were going to keep him they would work out an extension so you don't end up with dead money. His release probably means they weren't able to work out a deal. 

They don’t care about dead money. It’s already paid years ago. He could still be back, just at a much reduced rate.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

Something about the Gutelinger's comment about not letting good players walk out the door makes me think he'll be back. But it is kind of weird to cut him instead of just restructuring. They did it with other players I suppose.

it's more fair to Nelson, allows him to be legally shopping himself and setting up his market.  If packers want to they can get the same deal from Nelson if he wants to stay.

If he's under contract, he's not allowed to talk to other teams and establish a market.

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Something about the Gutelinger's comment about not letting good players walk out the door makes me think he'll be back. But it is kind of weird to cut him instead of just restructuring. They did it with other players I suppose.

It might be because there is disagreement on the degree of restructuring - a sort of "if you can find a better deal than we offer, good luck to you" message, a chance to test your value.

Unfortunate decision.  You never like a team picking age over quality.  I  remember the absolute dumpster fire this offense was when Nelson went down with his knee injury.  Hopefully the offense doesn't have MAJOR negative effects.  Looks like WR is now a major need along with Edge rusher and CB.

Archived