Bears sign WR Taylor Gabriel

WindyCity

Here's my Tyreek Hill.

So, man, maybe Pace really is just counting on White/Meredith to not offer much this season?

X - Robinson

Z - Gabriel

Slot - Burton/Meredith

Y - Shaheen

Cohen still needs receptions and then you still have Kevin White

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Here's my Tyreek Hill.

So, man, maybe Pace really is just counting on White/Meredith to not offer much this season?

X - Robinson

Z - Gabriel

Slot - Burton/Meredith

Y - Shaheen

Cohen will still also be the 3rd down back in obvious passing situations. So he will get quite a few targets from there too.

This signing brings some balance to the WR core. The Bears have struggled to get consistent speed guys on offense and it has always made teams sit on all their routes. Now with Gabriel and Cohen you have 2 guys that will run past your defense. It might not be every play, but enough that you think about it and that is a big win for the Bears offense.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Here's my Tyreek Hill.

X - Robinson

Z - Gabriel

Slot - Burton/Meredith

Y - Shaheen

Where dd Kevin White go?

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Where dd Kevin White go?

Now that we are making moves he keeps getting bumped down the totem pole. 

Gabriel is here to rip the top off the defense and he don't play no stinkin' slot! 

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Madden 17, NFC Championship Game, Bears/Falcons.

First play of the game, Grady Jarrett with the strip-sack recovery AND TD on Jay Cutler. Julio Jones was largely shut down, but Taylor Gabriel went something like 7/200/2. It was a disaster. Nothing going right for the Bears. 28-0 at the half and the Falcons are Dirty Birding into the tunnel.

But one half does NOT a football game make!

Second half: PRIMETIME CUTTY. Cutler connecting with the TE GOAT Zach Miller multiple times, the Bears biting, CLAWING back! The defense coming up with monumental third down stops! Jordan Howard moving the chains. Points being put on the board! WE GOT OURSELVES A BALLGAME

Early 4th quarter...

Atlanta scores on the TD pass to Taylor Gabriel and the Falcons are going for 2 for some weird reason. Pernell McPhee, off the edge, the STRIP SACK on Matt Ryan, recovered by Sam Acho, takes it the distance for two!

But wait, THE PREVIOUS PLAY IS UNDER REVIEW. Matt Ryan is ruled down before the ball comes out. Just like the real NFL, clearly there's nothing on the replay that proves he was down. The Bears are robbed of two points, but it's still a stop.

Late 4th quarter...

Inside two minutes, Primetime Cutty driving the Bears with the game on the line, down 7. :08 seconds to go, Cutty dumps off to fullback Alan Cross in the flat, probably his second reception all season, the BIG MAN, POWERING up the sidelines, out of bounds INSIDE THE 1 YARD LINE with :01 to play!

Here we go, must-score situation! Cutty to Alshon Jeffery on the corner route, TOUUUCCCCHHHHDDDDDOOOOWWWWWNNNNNNN! Joe Buck's hair plugs start shooting out of his head! WE ARE GOING TO OVERTIME!

Then I think Atlanta won the toss, I stopped them, hit a field goal to send the Bears to the Super Bowl, yada yada yada.

And that's how I remember Taylor Gabriel.

Archived