Jaguars to sign WR Donte Moncrief

pwny

16 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This signing was a Tony Khan signing.

Apparently he loved this guy coming out of college. Analytically, he tested as one of the best ever at the combine according to Lageman on Jaguars Thursday. Just got to watching it today.

I absolutely loved Moncrief coming out of college too.  As a prospect, on upside alone, i'd have had him in the conversation with pretty much anyone in this draft.  Thought he was an absolute steal where he eventually went.

But he hasn't really borne out quite that level of enthusiasm on the field in the NFL.  Granted, part of that has been trouble staying healthy, and part of that has been an uh...interesting rotation of QB play.  But i'm not sure what indicates he's suddenly going to be consistently healthier now, or that Bortles is a particularly flattering QB to have tossing him the ball.

6 hours ago, Speedyg said:

It's good that we have a young owner invested in the team, but I out zero value in Khan. I'm sure he's a smart guy, and maybe some of his other analysis resulted in great success, but the high profile ones that they boasted about?

Gabbert qb rating when given time = Joeckel

Goal line carries for TD = Yeldon

Best in coverage = Sample

Those are some pretty bad ones, and they were very public about them

Yeah.  Waving the analytics flag is pretty popular these days...but it's hardly an indicator of foolproof decisionmaking.  Plenty of instances where stats can be misleading.  Either unintentionally, or even deliberately.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Aaron got paid 14M per over 3 years. Moncrief got a one year deal to prove he can stay healthy.

Big difference.

The difference is as big as the difference they've had in production. 

Archived