Rams to Retain Robey-Coleman

chris00cm

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That’s fair - but 0-tech is about the cheapest D need to fill.  I assumed you’d do in bargain FA or after Rd3.  

Maybe.  Wade's always been one to prefer that 3-down Nose if he can get it.  Not saying he can't find that after Rd. 3, but if the right guy falls...

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Maybe.  Wade's always been one to prefer that 3-down Nose if he can get it.  Not saying he can't find that after Rd. 3, but if the right guy falls...

Just to clarify - Wade’s past preference has been to find 3-down NT’s but recently he’s been very successful finding serviceable NT play even if he can’t pass rush.  

In 2015 Wade introduced the transition on passing downs to a 2-EDGE pass rush with the DE’s kicking inside.   It was incredibly effective with Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson and our EDGES.    In 2016 without Malik Jackson and then Wolfe getting hurt he introduced the NASCAR scheme with 4 EDGES lol.   It was surprisingly effective.  Point being Wade is very innovative in working with the talent he has to maximize the pass rush effectiveness of the D.   

I suspect as long as your NT can run stuff with your new ILB you will do something similar to the 2-EDGE / 2-DE lineup given what Brockers and Donald can do.   That’s why I think you are going EDGE Rd1 unless one of the elite ILB are there.  

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Just to clarify - we’ve been very successful finding serviceable NT play even if he can’t pass rush.  

In 2015 Wade introduced the transition on passing downs to a 2-EDGE pass rush with the DE’s kicking inside.   It was incredibly effective with Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson and our EDGES.   

I suspect as long as your NT can run stuff with your new ILB you will do something similar given what Brockers and Donald can do.   That’s why I think you are going EDGE Rd1 unless one of the elite ILB are there.  

This is true.  I've kind of had Fotukasi in the 5th tabbed as the floor for us at the position.  Could also see a post-draft cap-casualty end up there as well (since that seems to be when the older fatties get kicked to the curb after fresh meat has been brought in).

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

This is true.  I've kind of had Fotukasi in the 5th tabbed as the floor for us at the position.  Could also see a post-draft cap-casualty end up there as well (since that seems to be when the older fatties get kicked to the curb after fresh meat has been brought in).

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!

Archived