Titans to sign Malcolm Butler

goldfishwars

47 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I didn't even know the Titans where in talks with him. But should be solid wonder what the numbers will look like.

This is why free agency period is dope. Teams come out the cut to snag a brother. Who thought Norwell was going to the Jaguars?

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

This is why free agency period is dope. Teams come out the cut to snag a brother. Who thought Norwell was going to the Jaguars?

Dunno about the Jags but with the Titans absolutely 0 of our media members have any kind of inside info/leaks in the organization. I would say @KingTitan's "informant" that he occasionally gets updates from is the only leak I know of in the franchise. Ever since the team hired Jim Wyatt to work for them, nothing gets leaked that Jon Robinson/the franchise doesn't want leaked.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well. Not too thrilled about this amount of money, but with Butler, Ryan, and Jackson, we might finally not list cornerback as a team weakness. End of the day though, might have overpaid a bit but it's free agency and we addressed a need to improve the team.

Money is high, but not insane depending on what the guarantees actually look like. The price you pay for a starting corner on the open market. With that said, we had $60 million in cap room and really needed an outside corner, so I'm not upset about it. Jags are getting better and the Texans and Colts get their quarterbacks back. If we stand pat, we're moving backwards. 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Money is high, but not insane depending on what the guarantees actually look like. The price you pay for a starting corner on the open market. With that said, we had $60 million in cap room and really needed an outside corner, so I'm not upset about it. Jags are getting better and the Texans and Colts get their quarterbacks back. If we stand pat, we're moving backwards. 

this also means we can probably focus on defensive front 7 first two rounds in the draft. would love to see some new impact players there.

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s a lot. Not even sure he’s that good. Had a lot of confidence after the Super Bowl a few years ago but has came down to earth since. 

Yeah.  It is a lot.  If he plays like he did for that initial stretch, it's plenty reasonable though.  If that coming back down to earth is just his new normal level...it's pretty rich for a pretty mediocre guy.  But it's a position where teams always spend.  And he'll be an upgrade for them either way.

Archived