Jets sign RB Isaiah Crowell

Bianconero

Just now, Colt45fool said:

Why do you want a RB in FA? Draft is loaded with talent 

Get your qb round one, take a rb and OL in round two. Could even wait till round three for a RB. One that's cheaper and has a higher ceiling. 

If RB class is indeed loaded then you have no reason to draft one as you could get one UDFA RB. 

Also, having RB aboard could eliminate RB need for draft in case if Jets actually make a trade up. Or spending a pick on other needy position.

Just now, Bianconero said:

So am I 

Look for me on the field 

Crowell was one of the great Georgia RBs before getting in some trouble. Good pedigree. I wanted him bad as a late round guy his draft year. Mocked him to us almost every draft.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Crowell was one of the great Georgia RBs before getting in some trouble. Good pedigree. I wanted him bad as a late round guy his draft year. Mocked him to us almost every draft.

I never understood comments on these 

Who cares, man? Tim Tebow was one of the great Florida QBs

These things were years ago; these players have gotten ample run in the NFL and have been MEH in the NFL

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

I never understood comments on these 

Who cares, man? Tim Tebow was one of the great Florida QBs

These things were years ago; these players have gotten ample run in the NFL and have been MEH in the NFL

And Crowell has produced pretty well the last few years with sharing carries. He's had nobody at QB (which he will still have here) and teams weren't worried about the Browns passing game and he still produced. You might not like the move. But the players talent isn't in question. His character was and that's why he was an UDFA. He's had not 1 issue since getting kicked off Georgia and has produced in the NFL. He's still has 3-4 good years of football in him. He needs a RB to compliment him and hopefully we address that in the draft... but Crowell has talent.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Powell is 4yr older and this is his career stats...

711carries, 3,104yds, 4.4ypc.15TDs

Crowell is 25 and his career numbers are...

737carries, 3,118yds, 4.2ypc. 21 TDs.

What is this proving? Neither are great players 

I'm not a huge fan of this move, but I understand it. Crowell is exactly the type of move-the-chains RB Bowles likes/wants. 

We probably weren't getting Barkley anyway, but what about Michel, Guice, Jones, Chubb, Penny?

I'd like to still draft a potential home-run threat at RB, someone who can really catch the ball too...and then trade Powell before the draft.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc Powell is 29 and should hold no power on this team. Ideally for me me roll with a rookie and Crowell as the main backs with McGuire getting some works as well.

In theory this makes sense but Powell is still super serviceable. I'd take Powell and a rookie and save our cash 

3 hours ago, Akomplice said:

I don't even remember anymore, but didn't most Jet fans hate the Ivory trade at first? I mean Crowell is essentially a better catching Ivory...

Ivory was barely used and was rather an unknown for Jets fans. Crowell is proven. And most of us liked getting him.

13 hours ago, Akomplice said:

I don't even remember anymore, but didn't most Jet fans hate the Ivory trade at first? I mean Crowell is essentially a better catching Ivory...

I feel like most people really liked the trade at the time if i remember correctly.

Archived