1st round pick Lattimore suffers minor knee injury

Dome

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore exited practice Monday with an apparent injury, but coach Sean Payton provided a hopeful update about the rookie after Wednesday's practice. 

"I think he'll be fine," Payton said. "It won't be long."

Lattimore, the 11th overall pick in this year's draft, "tweaked" his knee, according to Payton. The first-rounder sat out Wednesday after missing the majority of Monday's session -- the team was off Tuesday. 

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/08/marshon_lattimore_injury_saint.html#incart_river_mobile_index

4 hours ago, Raves said:

It's not a hamstring issue, just normal TC dings, will be fine.

I've heard that tounge and cheek from Payton before... I'll keep a close eye on this one. Byrd had a "minor" knee injury in Payton's mind and he expected him back sooner than later. 

Not saying the guy guy is out for the season or that he tore an ACL or anything... just saying that I don't believe Payton one bit when it comes to predicting recovery times from injuries in players or that he even knows and understands exactly what he's dealing with on a particular injury. Also if he is informed it's by the worst medical staff in the league in my opinion so it might not be by his own fault. 

Fingers crossed!

@whodatworm23 my main point was that it's not a hamstring injury, which is what plagued him at OSU for the first few years.  Since this is supposed to be only a minor knee apparently, it isn't something we should start getting too concerned about unless it ends up being worse than thought or becoming a prolonged issue.  I know there has been a big debate on the forums about our injury prone/history for players and since this injury isn't related to previous issues, and is actually a common injury in football that typically is more precautionary than a real issue especially during practice/training camps, that we need to try and keep calm before we start jumping off the deep end is all, as sometimes there is a very short trip to get there for some of our members.

5 hours ago, Raves said:

@whodatworm23 my main point was that it's not a hamstring injury, which is what plagued him at OSU for the first few years.  Since this is supposed to be only a minor knee apparently, it isn't something we should start getting too concerned about unless it ends up being worse than thought or becoming a prolonged issue.  I know there has been a big debate on the forums about our injury prone/history for players and since this injury isn't related to previous issues, and is actually a common injury in football that typically is more precautionary than a real issue especially during practice/training camps, that we need to try and keep calm before we start jumping off the deep end is all, as sometimes there is a very short trip to get there for some of our members.

Don't you think that the fact you felt the need to create a post in order to prevent that type of thing kinda tells ya where we're at with this team and it's injury concerns???

I understand, and I agree.  I just wanted to make sure people know that this injury isn't something we should be concerned about yet.  If it was his hamstring or Anzalone's shoulder, I would be right with all the rioters in the fact the risk was high and it happened.

8 hours ago, Raves said:

I understand, and I agree.  I just wanted to make sure people know that this injury isn't something we should be concerned about yet.  If it was his hamstring or Anzalone's shoulder, I would be right with all the rioters in the fact the risk was high and it happened.

The injuries themselves don't bother me... teams all accross the NFL deal with injuries. The issue with the Saints is that when they sustain injuries it highlights the lack of depth on the roster which is a product of poor drafting and spending. The teams with the deepest rosters win late in the season for a reason, it's because they are more prepared to sustain success after the  Inevitable injuries occur. It just compiles the problem when you then draft players with injury history but this Saints regime have always been gamblers.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:45 PM, BossierWhoDat said:

This just reminds me how fragile our season hopes are. Can we just get a season with relatively few major injuries? *Praying to the Football Gods*

Yep. We need an "everything bouncing our way" season if we want meaningful football after November. 

Our DB crew is really young, but at least we have some depth.

I'd love to see the Saints go out and grab a vet, especially someone like Keenan Lewis, but the Lewis ship has sailed due to D. Allen, so who knows. There aren't many "good" vets out there that are UFA's right now.

Archived