Titans to sign Malcolm Butler-CB

KingTitan

It’s been mentioned again but we went from Jason McCourty, Perrish Cox, Brice McCain, Valentino Blake, and rookie LeShaun Sims

to Logan Ryan, Adoree Jackson, Malcolm Butler, LeShaun Sims, and Tye Smith. 

Thats a huge difference in talent not only in the top 3 starters but also the depth behind them. Both Smith and Sims showed some good things last year when they got playing time. 

Depth at safety needs to improve which is where I think the draft comes in play but CB looks really good right now especially if Adoree continues to improve.

34 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Which means to me, its essentially a deal they can get out of after two years if he's healthy and not producing.

yep... 2 years 24 M it seems like. Dead money from cutting him after 2 wont be significant either since the SB is pretty manageable at $10M.

So this one has an out after 2019... 2 years, $24M... $10M SB, so I'm guessing salaries will be something like $5M this year and $9M next year....  that would  make his cap hits something along the lines of $7M this year, $11M next year, then a $6M dead hit after 19 (if cut after 2 seasons)

Archived