Sign in to follow this  
KingTitan

Titans to sign Malcolm Butler-CB

I'm still so giddy about this isgning. He showed he's able to be an elite corner and he can still be that, everyone has down years. We get him in his prime age too, just turned 28 twelve days ago

26 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Which means to me, its essentially a deal they can get out of after two years if he's healthy and not producing.

It’s been mentioned again but we went from Jason McCourty, Perrish Cox, Brice McCain, Valentino Blake, and rookie LeShaun Sims

to Logan Ryan, Adoree Jackson, Malcolm Butler, LeShaun Sims, and Tye Smith. 

Thats a huge difference in talent not only in the top 3 starters but also the depth behind them. Both Smith and Sims showed some good things last year when they got playing time. 

Depth at safety needs to improve which is where I think the draft comes in play but CB looks really good right now especially if Adoree continues to improve.

34 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Which means to me, its essentially a deal they can get out of after two years if he's healthy and not producing.

yep... 2 years 24 M it seems like. Dead money from cutting him after 2 wont be significant either since the SB is pretty manageable at $10M.

I would imagine the "old" Patriots (Lewis & Butler) will be up for the game this fall along with the holdover Titans from the playoff loss in January.

Yup, pretty much what I expected/hoped for from the contract. Make the guaranteed number look high by fully guaranteeing the years he’s a lock to make the team, give yourself an out after two years.

The way Jrob has went about building this team is pure greatness if it all works out. 

So this one has an out after 2019... 2 years, $24M... $10M SB, so I'm guessing salaries will be something like $5M this year and $9M next year....  that would  make his cap hits something along the lines of $7M this year, $11M next year, then a $6M dead hit after 19 (if cut after 2 seasons)

This looks really good now compared to other deals. Lot of cap room left in 2018...