Jets sign Crowell

49erurtaza

I just... I feel sorry for Bilal Powell.  All the dude does is rip off great YPC and yards after contact and the Jets keep bringing in RB after RB every year to keep snaps from him.

Now they're even bringing in a guy with a similar surname.

19 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I just... I feel sorry for Bilal Powell.  All the dude does is rip off great YPC and yards after contact and the Jets keep bringing in RB after RB every year to keep snaps from him.

Now they're even bringing in a guy with a similar surname.

Every so often he'll break big runs, but he's much better suited in a tandem. My favorite Jet but that's just the reality... I like how Crowell will fit in with him and McGuire. Jets can still look to draft a RB, but they had already stated their intention to feature a RBBC at the combine. 

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Every so often he'll break big runs, but he's much better suited in a tandem. My favorite Jet but that's just the reality... I like how Crowell will fit in with him and McGuire. Jets can still look to draft a RB, but they had already stated their intention to feature a RBBC at the combine. 

Yeah.  Powell is nice enough for what he is, but part of what allows him to post those nice stats, is being that tandem guy where there's someone else to take the pressure off and handle the things he's not as good at.  Lets him specialize a bit more.  People get way too carried away with the whole YPC numbers, without a lot of context sometimes.  The type of carries that yield those YPC averages matter a whole lot too, as does the raw volume a guy can handle at that rate.

As to Crowell, i like him a lot as a lower profile signing that could work out really well.  He's got a skillset that should complement Powell pretty nicely.  Though i would be surprised not to see the Jets grab another guy at some point of the draft to throw into the mix.

My only real questionmark is potentially, how strong is that Jets locker room?  They've had a number of issues with various guys it seems.  I really do think Crowell has reformed, but he doesn't have a completely clean past.  I wouldn't expect it to be an issue, and certainly hope not.  But it's something that popped into my head for a moment as the only potential downside to this.  And it's a pretty remote worry i think.

Archived