Browns sign OT Hubbard

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Eh...Munchack had a lot more to do with the run game design than Haley over the last few years. Along with developing guys like Hubbard. I mean, there's familiarity, but Hubbard isn't the ideal physical prototype at RT regardless.

True.  But, specifically because of Munchak, his technique is going to be solid.

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I had to do that with the Paul Richardson deal. I knew who he was but the numbers didn't make sense and I had to make sure there wasn't some other random Paul Richardson out there that I somehow had been missing. 

Psssh don't get me started on that deal.  The Redskins forum is drooling over a guy with one 700 yard season on his resume and 2 torn ACLs.

In other news GM Dorsey also signed T / turnstile Donald Stephenson formerly of DEN and KC (the Dorsey connection).   Seems like they are adding depth.  Wonder how worried they are about Thomas (not just Shon Coleman).  

Id have started another thread to announced the Donald Stephenson signing...

then realized it’s Donald Stephenson.  

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

True.  But, specifically because of Munchak, his technique is going to be solid.

He's a smart guy who gets the most out of his physical ability. He was coached by one of the best. But he is pretty physically limited and it's not going to matter what scheme they intend to run. He's not even as good as Willie Colon was once upon a time. The guy needed a lot of help in Pittsburgh. Even if Haley doesn't intend to run as much shotgun without Roethlisberger (he obviously doesn't), this isn't some ideal RT.

I'll give the Browns the benefit of the doubt for a moment. But if teams were looking to pay this guy like this, I'm stuck asking what the hell they were thinking. Good for him, and I'll be glad to get the comp pick for it.

Just now, Broncofan said:

In other news GM Dorsey also signed T / turnstile Donald Stephenson formerly of DEN and KC (the Dorsey connection).   Seems like they are adding depth.  Wonder how worried they are about Thomas (not just Shon Coleman).  

Id have started another thread to announced the Donald Stephenson signing...

then realized it’s Donald Stephenson.  

Is Stephenson at least a quality backup?

Joe Thomas was pretty bad last year before he left the field. Did not look like same guy at all. Who knows when the injury occurred, but if he was healthy to start the season he was not the same guy. So, when I see people counting on him this year, I'm skeptical myself.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Joe Thomas was pretty bad last year before he left the field. Did not look like same guy at all. Who knows when the injury occurred, but if he was healthy to start the season he was not the same guy. So, when I see people counting on him this year, I'm skeptical myself.

Well, I'm now going to take what you said about Hubbard with a grain of salt, because Thomas was still one of the best in the game last season.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

For his own incredible past standards Thomas has declined.   But he was still a top 10 LT IMO.   

11 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Lol no he wasn't. Thomas has always been a little overrated because he's a pretty poor run blocker, but he's still the shining example of elite LT play. He rarely gets beaten in pass protection and never receives any help. His 2017 campaign was basically the same as every other Joe Thomas season.

14 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

That’s not even remotely true. Might not have been the unmovable object he once was but he was far from bad. 

Archived