Jets sign CB Trumaine Johnson

Bianconero

Good signing.  Not getting Cousins gives Jets more cap space to spend on other position.  I am fine with the price tag for Trumaine.  It is around the expected market value he would command.  We'll see if his play will match the price for Trumaine.   This is just the beginning of the free agency season.   More moves are sure to come.

Just now, famousj said:

Good signing.  Not getting Cousins gives Jets more cap space to spend on other position.  I am fine with the price tag for Trumaine.  It is around the expected market value he would command.  We'll see if his play will match the price for Trumaine.   This is just the beginning of the free agency season.   More moves are sure to come.

Matching up for maybe 3/4 of salary cap. 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

New Jets fans on this board man... 

not crazy about the cost, but this is what the market dictates. Came into the league old so limited wear-and-tear, physical freak. Probably going to be similar to what Cro was like with us his first time around. 

Except TJ can tackle. One of the best tacklers at CB I believe.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yep

"Last season, Trumaine Johnson allowed a 34.8 passer rating on passes his way when in press coverage, while surrendering just 1 TD across 604 total coverage snaps #Jets"

Wow that's a great stat

Archived