Packers Sign DE Mo Wilkerson

Gopackgonerd

Wilkerson-Clark-Daniels-Perry

Matthews-Martinez

King-Hawkins-Pipkins

HHCD-Brice

+++

We're running a 4-3 Under. Turn on your Jacksonville tape if you want to see what this looks like. Not saying we've got the horses to be Jacksonville, but that's what this looks like.

Assuming we find some god damn Cornerbacks. 

Never much liked the 4-3 Under, but portions of the legue are trending in that direction. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The best defensive line in the world won't cover for the worst secondary.  We were one rank away from the worst secondary and we lost our best defensive back. 

If Pettine can just get the cornerbacks and safeties to communicate with each other, the secondary will be better. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Matthews-Martinez

King-Hawkins-Pipkins

HHCD-Brice

+++

We're running a 4-3 Under. Turn on your Jacksonville tape if you want to see what this looks like. Not saying we've got the horses to be Jacksonville, but that's what this looks like.

Never much liked the 4-3 Under, but portions of the legue are trending in that direction. 

Don't forget Josh Jones.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Matthews-Martinez

King-Hawkins-Pipkins

HHCD-Brice

+++

Would Perry better with his hand in the dirt? Or is he still standing up

LIke the sound of a 1 year deal.  If he busts, at least there's no long-term commitment.   If he earns a big pay raise for 2019, worst case scenario is a 2020 comp pick.  If he's average, no real harm done.  All and all, seems like a risk worth taking.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For the record, I like this signing a lot.  I said it before, if we got him on a one year deal I'd be extremely happy with it.  This is the best move in Gute's time as a GM by a lot. 

I agree HZ. Think there’s more to come that will make you happy. Just feels like there’s a master plan here. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For the record, I like this signing a lot.  I said it before, if we got him on a one year deal I'd be extremely happy with it.  This is the best move in Gute's time as a GM by a lot. 

I was watching some Graham highlights from this past season ... he's going to open things up for Aaron and company.  He's still able to get down the field, and is excellent in the redzone.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Matthews-Martinez

King-Hawkins-Pipkins

HHCD-Brice

+++

Think CM3's strengths get wasted a little bit in that scheme at that LB position.  He'd drop into coverage on far more instances than he'd rush the passer.

That secondary would give me nightmares.  We don't have the DBs to run the scheme as they are every bit as important as the front 4 (See Seattle and Jacksonville as the best and most recent successful examples of the defense).

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Matthews-Martinez

King-Hawkins-Pipkins

HHCD-Brice

+++

Why would Pettine run anything other then the defense he's already run? The idea of Wilkerson at end in a 4-3 don't really tickle my fancy. Walsh out of Jax has 2 years in that Seattle system as does Pettine with the one year last year as more of an advisor than coach. You really think that year there I inspired him to leave the Rex Ryan style defense?

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

All six hours of it...

Archived