Packers Sign DE Mo Wilkerson

Gopackgonerd

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

There's legit reason for concern.

The top 4 corners are gone. The only two left that are legit starters are Melvin and Claiborne.

Gute is going to have to really dig into the trade market to try and find someone who can play for us unless one of those two are coming here. 

Of course there’s reason to be concerned. Not reason to freak out.

27 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, gonna be hard not to field all these guys on at the same time. 

You don't have to field them all at the same time.  Still plenty of snaps to go between the them.  Dean Lowry played in nearly 47% of the defensive snaps while Quinton Dial played in nearly 30% of the defensive snaps.  That means those two players' snaps are going to Wilkerson.

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The continued angst over the Randall trade is the gift that keeps on giving.  I am genuinely enjoying it.  Has there ever been a case of fans being so up in arms over such a mediocre player? 

And the Browns value Randall as a CB so much they are moving him to free safety. 

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/damarious_randall_will_be_fine.html

7 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Free agency hasn't started yet? I guess all those players that signed today missed the memo.

Nobody signed today and none of the trades have happened yet. They can't until the new league year starts, and that's tomorrow. The only thing that's happened is players and teams agreed to terms but nothing is official until tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Of course there’s reason to be concerned. Not reason to freak out.

Considering what's still available, all it takes is 2/3 of those renaming names to sign elsewhere and we have legitimate reason to freak out. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm gonna start quoting everybody and telling them to quit being so mellow.  To be angrier about us not signing corners.  I'm going to start quoting people and telling them to use more exclamation marks and capital letters. 

Why? It's frustrating that we haven't signed a corner yet but if we end up with one or 2 of Pat Robinson, Claiborne, Melvin I would be happy. 

We're all annoyed. Some of us are willing to see it play out, and not be mad about things we can't control

^I know our old GM liked to forget the other mediums for acquiring players outside of the draft, but there might be other trades available as well.

i think we'll sign at least one CB, and have a hunch we'll take one in the 1st. if we could possibly trade for one as well, we'll be in about as good of shape as we could've hoped. randall doesn't change that. he wasn't that good.

Archived