Packers Sign DE Mo Wilkerson

Gopackgonerd

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm sweating this Free Agency/Cap Situation. 

* Best case scenario, not a cent of incentives in Wilkerson's deal are deemed likely to be earned and he comes in with a cap hit of 5 million.

* Best case scenario, Jimmy Graham is only hitting you for about 4 million in cap hit.

* Draft class is hitting you for 2.5 million.

Burning 11.5 million right there.

Figure Gute probably doesn't run the 8 million in rollover that Thompson does, but I'm going to be skeptical if he doesn't keep 5 million in the bank. 

That leaves me with 15 million left to fix this ****.

++++

My 3rd WR is one of Allison/Janis/Davis

My RG is the winner of the camp battle between Justin McCray and Lucas Patrick

My 3rd and 4th rush backers are Kyler Fackrell and Vince Biegel, with two injury prone starters.

My starting SS is Kentrell Brice.

My 1st CB is Kevin King

My 2nd CB is Josh Hawkins

My 3rd CB is Lenzy Pipkins

My 4th CB is Herb Waters

++++

Even if you restructure Rodgers and really backload the hell out of that contract, you're going to struggle to fill those gaps. 

I get we've got draft picks, but I'm not liking the thought of trying to fill 4 starting spots with draft picks. 

Eh this is worst case scenario.

Josh Jones can easily be a fantastic SS. I have little worry there. 

I think they really like Murphy and RG would be a nice spot for him. 

What really comes down to is WR, EDGE, CB for me. 

10 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Now please get a vet or two at corner so every thread stops becoming about not having any corners... You know... the day before free agency opens... O.o

Seriously, it’s so annoying. 

I say it all the time! Packer fans are so sensitive lol.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree with Jones and Murphy.  

WR should be an easier find with Rodgers at QB.  If Rodgers is as good as we all think he is, it is about time he really starts to make more out of less at the WR spot.

I am going to say it, Brady has done it for many years.  Adding Graham at TE should help the WR/TE group as a whole.  

Still comes down to EDGE and CB for me.  Draft wise, I still think that EDGE in 1 and CB in 2 is the better route.  There are far more CB to be had later vs EDGE.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You like Jones and Murphy at those spots a lot better than me. 

I don't mind Murphy at RG, you have to really suck at RG to derail an offense. 

I need to see Jones play some snaps at a real safety spot before I start using "Easily" and "Fantastic" to describe even his potential. 

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm sweating this Free Agency/Cap Situation. 

* Best case scenario, not a cent of incentives in Wilkerson's deal are deemed likely to be earned and he comes in with a cap hit of 5 million.

* Best case scenario, Jimmy Graham is only hitting you for about 4 million in cap hit.

* Draft class is hitting you for 2.5 million.

Burning 11.5 million right there.

Figure Gute probably doesn't run the 8 million in rollover that Thompson does, but I'm going to be skeptical if he doesn't keep 5 million in the bank. 

That leaves me with 15 million left to fix this ****.

++++

My 3rd WR is one of Allison/Janis/Davis

My RG is the winner of the camp battle between Justin McCray and Lucas Patrick

My 3rd and 4th rush backers are Kyler Fackrell and Vince Biegel, with two injury prone starters.

My starting SS is Kentrell Brice.

My 1st CB is Kevin King

My 2nd CB is Josh Hawkins

My 3rd CB is Lenzy Pipkins

My 4th CB is Herb Waters

++++

Even if you restructure Rodgers and really backload the hell out of that contract, you're going to struggle to fill those gaps. 

I get we've got draft picks, but I'm not liking the thought of trying to fill 4 starting spots with draft picks. 

Thanks Ted.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Seriously, it’s so annoying. 

I say it all the time! Packer fans are so sensitive lol.

No kidding. I'd honestly pass on any front office jobs for them if I was able to work in sports management. The constant backlash over anything negative or positive is nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agreed. Still, thats a lot of holes to try and fill and I'm hard-pressed to believe they'll be able to adequately do so in one offseason. They legit need to have a draft like the Saints just did where they massively hit on their first 4 picks with guys who provided serious impact

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

No kidding. I'd honestly pass on any front office jobs for them if I was able to work in sports management. The constant backlash over anything negative or positive is nonsense. 

Right. Our defensive line is going to be one of the top units in the league and many people don’t even care lol.

These are the signings I wanted TT to make all those years. The Pettine connection makes this about as close to a slam dunk as you can get. I worry a heck of a lot more about Graham than I do Wilkerson. Let the games begin up front. I fully expect Clark and Daniels to finally not be invisible 

It's risky, but guys with the talent level of Wilkerson don't ever hit FA unless there is some risk involved. This seems like the best option for the team. If he balls out and Pettine gets the old Mo back, he should would be a nice centerpiece to build the defense around going forward. If he balls out and he wants to be one of the highest paid DEs in the league again, they'll get a great comp pick. Good deal here.

Archived