Bill Kostroun/Associated Press

30. Muhammad Wilkerson, New York Jets

Snap Quickness: 10/15
Pass Rush: 18/25
Run Defense: 22/30
Tackling: 9/20
Position Value: 7/10
Overall Grade: 66/100

Since Albert Haynesworth's stint in Washington in 2009 and 2010, there might not have been a lower-effort defensive lineman in the NFL than second-contract Muhammad Wilkerson. Prior to signing the deal in July 2016, the 6'4", 315-pound Wilkerson was a big, twitchy lineman who slotted in anywhere on the line. He still has the potential to do so, but he gives up on plays more than anyone in the league. There are games when his effort is there, like against the Buffalo Bills on Thursday Night Football. On national television, he took over the Week 9 contest. Then he went back to his old ways. Likely a cap casualty, Wilkerson can be a boom-bust player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753649-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-3-4-defensive-ends-of-the-2017-season

I can see it now, he's going to be a stud next year. 

He only plays well when he's (a) on a contending team; or (b) in a contract year. 

Has had issues with tardiness due to partying/out late drinking... his entourage were not good influences but he's not a bad guy.... shouldn't be as big of an issue in GB. 

Now he gets motivation to play well, away from NY/NY, AND Pettine. smh

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What a steal of a deal. I had him at 3/30 in a mock I was making. Figured Pettine would demand him and Gute would fork it over to get a vet experienced in Pettine's defense.

This is a steal of a contract. We can still get a 2 of the mid tier CBs with this deal.

Great deal for GB, if he shows up right he can be a difference maker and if not hes gone after the year anyway.

They really need corners, that pass d is gonna be so bad. drc is prob locked up, fuller is a longshot to leave chi, youre almost left taking shots on declining vets and hope they regain something.

Archived